chapter six

I tapped my fingers gently against my desk, blocking out the noise of my astronomy teacher rambling on about her stupid new boyfriend instead of actually teaching us about space. I glanced at the clock, realizing the bell was about to ring and I could see Lachlan again. I started gathering my stuff together and shoving it back into my bag, and right as the bell rang I shot up and almost sprinted outside the tree where I usually spend lunch time.

As soon as I reached the tree I tossed my bag down a leaned against it, sliding down so that I was sitting with my legs crossed.

I felt arms wrap around my waist and a familiar voice whisper in my ear. "Hey beautiful, that's a pretty skirt you're wearing."

I smiled, glancing up at the red-haired beauty. "Thanks, it's new."

Lachlan smiled at me, leaning down to peck my lips before leaning back against the tree and looking up at the sky. "How was astronomy?"

I rolled my eyes, resting my head on his shoulder. "Boring as hell, Mrs. Davidson just talked about her new boyfriend that we all know isn't going to last long all class. I really wish I had an actual good teacher for that class, it's my favorite, but I can never learn anything new."

Lachlan laughed, tightening his grip on my waist and pulling me closer. "I bet you could teach that class better than her, you know so much about space and stars already."

I giggled, relaxing against Lachlan. "Yeah but I don't know everything, that's why I want to learn more."

"I bet you know more than she does."

"Probably, I don't even know how she got a job as a teacher, let alone her degree."
We sat in silence after that, but it was a comfortable silence.

The bell rang signaling it was time to go back to class. I groaned and got up, Lachlan following me. We grabbed our bags and walked back inside. I stopped and turned to give Lachlan a kiss before we had to split off for class. "I'll see you after school."

Lachlan smirked, leaning down to kiss me again, whispering in my ear before walking the opposite way down the hall, "Okay, starboy."

I smiled small, walking towards my AP calculus class. I almost reached the door before someone put their foot out causing me to trip and fall forward, dropping my bag, the contents spilling out. I looked up to see Mitch and Jerome standing above me, smirking. "Hey gayboy, did you have a nice trip?"

I tried to ignore them and just started putting my stuff back into my bag but that didn't work, as I felt a hard kick to my stomach. I groaned, gripping my stomach as Jerome leaned down next to me and whispered, "We're gonna make you pay for distracting Lachlan from us."

I felt a kick to my stomach again and another kick to my jaw, causing my to bite my tongue hard enough to draw blood. I tried to stand up but that only earned a punch to the side of my head. I just lay there as I felt kick after kick being landed to different parts of my body. With one final kick to the side of my head, my vision went black as I slipped into unconsciousness.