chapter thirteen

I sighed as I played with one of the buttons on Lachlan's leather jacket. His soft snores were the only sound I could hear, the tv playing another episode of an anime long forgotten. I looked up at his sleeping face, I smiled as I realized his mouth was slightly open in a pout. I leaned up, placing a small kiss on his jawline before I got up off the couch.

Lachlan groaned as his arm fell from around my waist, his head moving as he woke up. "Vikky?" 

"Go back to sleep Lachy, I'm just going to get some water."

With a sleepy nod, Lachlan rolled back over to face the back of the couch, his eyelids falling closed again. 

I breathed out softly, the smile dropping from my face as I wandered into the kitchen where Josh and Simon were sat quietly talking. "Hey, guys, what are you doing up this early?"

Simon giggled quietly, a soft smile on his face as he rested his head on Josh's shoulder, "We could ask you the same thing. Don't you have school tomorrow or something?"

A sigh escaped my chapped lips, my hands roaming my face as I sat on one of the bar stools. "I can't sleep; I feel guilty for stumbling, quite literally, into Lachlan's life. We've only known each other for a short time, what if this is all fake? What if this is some elaborate prank the football players decided to play on the outcast? It's just not logical to me for someone as popular and badass as Lachlan to want someone like me."

Josh sighed across from me, his fingers tapping against the cool granite countertop, "Vik, you probably don't want to hear this, but look at me and Simon? The punk and the pretty boy. Nobody thought we would last but we have. Outward appearances don't change someone's feelings. Plus I've seen the way that boy looks at you, he really likes you."

My head thumped against the counter, a groan leaving my mouth, "I just don't want to hurt him."

A quiet thump sounded from the doorway as Lachlan fell into the kitchen, "Vikky?"