Chapter 5- Ayame and the Middle schooler

Ayame was walking down the town and came across a park. She was walking through it, and she heard a whoosh as something was heading right for her.

"Watch out!" somebody shouted.

Ayame looked to see that it was a soccer ball. She moved out of the way on time and avoided the ball as it bounced off the tree next to her and landed at her feet. She looked to see that a bunch of elementary schoolers were playing with the ball.

"Sorry!" one of them called. "Can you pass that back?!"

"OK!" Ayame called back.

She started dribbling the ball while running back towards the group of kids. However, in her way were two older middle schoolers.

"Gangway!" she shouted as she charged.

Before the middle schoolers realized that there was a first year girl coming at them while dribbling a soccer ball at her feet, Ayame had knocked one of them down and she returned the ball to the younger children.

"Arigatou!" one of them said.

"Oi, you!" the middle schooler that Ayame knocked down called.

He went up to her alongside the other middle schooler he was with.

"You dirtied my clothes! You better pay for them!" he said threateningly to her.

But when he looked up, Ayame was walking away like as if nothing happened.

"It's hot today..." she said in a lazy tone.

"How dare you ignore me!" the middle schooler shouted in anger.

He ran up to her from behind, ready to punch her, but Ayame reacted faster. She did a backwards kick without looking and landed it right in the face. The middle schooler got very angry and kept trying to punch her. She dodged with ease while still maintaining a calm presence around her and kept walking like as if nothing happened.

"I'm not throwing any more kicks, because if I do, you won't beat me," Ayame said. "If you wanna fight, sure, I'll take you on."

Ayame finally stopped walking while still dodging, and she delivered another hard kick on the middle schooler's face. This time she stomped her foot down on his shoes.

"Want me to dirty your shoes this time?" she asked menacingly.

Ayame then started beating up the middle schooler by kicking him repeatedly. The middle schooler had tried to fight back, but with her great reflexes, Ayame avoided the blows. By the time she was done, she walked away with a look of satisfaction while the middle schooler lay on the dirt ground, beat up and filthy.

"Thanks for being my kicking bag for today," Ayame said as she flipped her hair off her shoulders.

She walked out of the park and walked back into town. This time she saw another middle schooler.

"Oi, you," she said. "I've heard about you from Momoshiro-senpai. You're Kamio Akira of Fudomine, right?"

"I am," the boy answered. "That's a Seigaku uniform..."

"Right, I'm from Seigaku," Ayame said. "I heard that you're the fastest runner in Fudomine. Can you beat me in a race?"

"Of course I could!" Kamio said. "Nobody could run faster than me!"

"Oh well," Ayame said, tying back her long hair. "If you could beat me in a race across town, then I'll believe you."

Ayame and Kamio got in a starting position at one end of town.