Chapter 26- Doubles with Fudomine

Chapter 26: Doubles with Fudomine

Ayame walked down the street to the street tennis courts. It had been awhile since she was last there, and she was feeling the need to dominate the place.

She arrived at the front steps and made her way there. As she made it to the top, a girl standing nearby started talking to her.

"Aren't you Echizen-kun's friend?" she asked.

"If you mean Echizen Ryoma, then yeah," Ayame answered. "Who are you?"

"Tachibana An," the girl answered.

"I see, you're the younger sister of that Fudomine captain. I'm Kanna Ayame."

Ayame looked over to the court to see two boys playing at the court.

"Oh, that guy is the guy who raced me sometime after I moved here way back then," Ayame said.

"You mean Kamio-kun?" An asked.

"Yeah," Ayame answered. "That rhythm freak. Who's the other guy playing with him?"

"Ibu Shinji-kun," An answered.

"He another Fudomine student?"

"Yes."

"Isn't he the guy that Ryoma played when he injured his eye?"

"Yes."

"Well, I came here to play some tennis, but it doesn't seem like there's a crowd here this time around. Guess I'll go to the back courts and practice."

"Some of the St. Rudolph people are back there. Maybe you can play a match with them."

"What's St. Rudolph?"

"You don't know?"

"Nope, never heard of it. Actually, on second thought... I think I DID hear about it from somewhere... I can't remember. Oh, whatever. I'm going back there anyway."

Ayame went to the courts in the back and saw three St. Rudolph students.

"Oi, that's Echizen's friend over there!" one of them said.

"Wah, she's really cute dane!" another exclaimed.

"Oh, I remember you now!" Ayame exclaimed, pointing at the first boy who talked. "You're Fuji-senpai's little brother who lost to Ryoma!"

"What?!" Yuuta was angry about the fact that Ayame reminded him of his loss and that it was how she remembered him.

"Oh yeah, I think I heard from Ryoma!" Ayame went on. "You're the guy who got crushed by Fuji-senpai!"

Mizuki and Yuuta became miserable as they were reminded of their losses to Seigaku.

"You guys got hurt dane," Yanagizawa said, laughing.

"And you're the guy who got blown away by Momoshiro-senpai!" Ayame finished.

The three St. Rudolph students became angry. "Use our names!"

"Sorry, sorry, I don't know you guys' names. I thought there'd be a bigger crowd here, but it's just you guys and the Fudomine people."

Ayame turned around and went back to the court at the front where Fudomine was. She had changed her mind about practicing in the back courts and decided to play fun matches with the two schools.

"So, wanna play some tennis?" she asked aloud, wanting to get responses from both Fudomine and St. Rudolph.

"Let's draw straws," An suggested.