Chapter 23- Ayame's Return to Seigaku

Chapter 23: Ayame's Return to Seigaku

Ayame picked up her tennis bag. "Well, I'm going."

"See you until next time," Ryoma said and watched her as she left the hotel room.

Ayame walked outside and took a taxi to the airport. She took a flight to Tokyo and spent her entire flight time reading a book she packed in her tennis bag. The plane eventually landed in Tokyo, and Ayame made her first stop: her house.

Takeda was glad to see his daughter again, and Ayame filled him in on what she has been doing in America with Ryoma (though she was careful to leave out the part where she was involved in a gang war just to rescue a kitten). Before she left her house, she packed some new books and left out some of her old ones at home.

Ayame walked down the road and stopped by the Echizens. After giving Nanjiroh a good kicking when she saw him reading his porno magazines, she filled Rinko and Nanako in on what she had been doing with Ryoma. Before she left, she went to go see Karupin, despite the fact that she isn't really fond of him anymore, since he gave her enough trouble that is worth twelve headaches.

Ayame strolled down the familiar street and eventually arrived at Seigaku. She walked around the corner to the tennis courts and saw that the boys' tennis club was doing a running exercise. A few of the members were lying on the ground, and Ayame assumed that it was done by the works of Inui Juice, as she also noticed a pitcher of the ominous liquid sitting on the table next to a set of cups nearby. She watched as the club members fell victim to the Inui Juice one by one as the laps dragged on while tying her hair back.

Soon, only the regulars were running around the court, and she started running in front of them when they ran their next lap.

"Mada mada dane!" she called as she looked over her shoulder.

Right away, the stunned cries of "Kanna?!" and "Where the hell did she come from?!" rang out from the team. The regulars, after recovering from the shock of Ayame's sudden appearance, ran faster, determined to not let a first year girl (who is running at an abnormal speed for someone carrying a heavy tennis bag) pass them up. Ayame constantly stayed a step ahead of the regulars and was first to complete the last lap, and the rest of the regulars finished all at once after her. However, Inui decided to make all the regulars drink the Inui Juice, as Ayame was first to finish and the regulars were last. Ayame stared as most of the regulars screamed in agony from the drink while wondering why Inui forced them to drink it anyway.

I wasn't even a part of this... she thought. I just joined in so that I can get a little workout. Oh... well of course Inui-senpai would want them to drink it. It's a sadist's pleasure after all...

Ayame stared down at the regulars who were "killed" by the Inui Juice. Almost immediately after, many of the members started firing her with questions.

"What are you doing here?"

"How's Echizen?"

"What's Echizen been doing lately?"

"Did Ryoma-kun learn any new moves?"

"Did you and Echizen play a match with each other yet?"

"Why the hell does everyone ask me about Ryoma the instant I come back?!" Ayame shouted in annoyance, silencing the members. "You should think about me too! Just kidding."

At her sudden change in mood from angered to calm, nearly every club member did a pratfall, minus the stoic buchou and the team's tensai.

"Why did you come back?" Oishi asked.

"I wanted to play matches with you boys," Ayame answered.

"Play a match with you? This will be interesting..." Fuji remarked.