Chapter 8- Kagerou Zutsumi

"Nobody wants to go up against me?" Ayame asked as she looked around.

She had gone back to the street tennis court place that Ryoma showed her and dominated the singles court. By now she was feared by the tennis players who regularly came to the place to play.

"I'll play against you," one tennis player said.

The player served and the game began.

"Watch out!" somebody called to the player. "She's got an incredible dash!"

Ayame used her Ninja Dash to catch up to the ball and scored.

"0-15!"

Ayame had already beaten five tennis players earlier. She had been dashing all over the court to catch up to balls she missed and she wasn't out of breath or sweating.

Her opponent served, but when Ayame tried to return it, her racket was blown out of her hands.

'Shit!' she thought.

"15-15!"

The player served another heavy ball, and she couldn't return it.

"30-15!"

"So that's her weakness..." Ayame heard somebody say. "She's not able to return hard balls."

Ayame tried to return the ball with a two-handed return, but the ball hit the net.

"40-15!"

The player served another heavy ball, and Ayame found the racket blown out of her hand again. She couldn't break serve.

'Damn, if this keeps up, I won't win... 'she thought.

Ayame tossed the ball and hit a backwards Twist Serve. With her repeated usages of Twist Serves, she held serve. The game dragged on, with both players keeping their serve – the player hitting heavy balls to Ayame, and Ayame hitting Twist Serves that her opponent couldn't return... although soon the player was able to return the Twist Serves, which made Ayame resort to hitting six-ball Geminis, revealing her move for the first time in public.

The game went into a tiebreak, with neither side giving in.

"60-60!"

"61-60!"

"61-61!"

Ayame was sweating, but her opponent looked more out of breath than she did.

'If I could last longer, then I'll win... 'she thought.

The game dragged on with both sides reaching the 150's, until finally the player that Ayame was playing against collapsed. Ayame then won her match.

Lacking the energy to play another set, she packed up her bag. When she went to the steps to leave, she saw a familiar face.

"Fuji-senpai?" she said as she recognized who he was.

"I've been watching your games," Fuji said. "So your current obstacle is your lack of power..."

"Yeah..." Ayame said, pouting. "I have good strength in my legs, but not my arms... I can't seem to get any stronger."

"I think I have something that might help."

"Really?"

"It's very hard to learn, though. Do you still want to try it?"

"Yeah!"

"Follow me."

Ayame followed Fuji, who went to a different tennis court. They were at a tennis court under an el.