Chapter 22- Showdown with the Clack

This chapter follows the Prince of Tennis movie "Eikokushiki Teikyuu Shiro Kessen!" so this chapter will be longer than the others.

Chapter 22: Showdown with the Clack

Ayame grabbed her cell phone and called a number. She waited a bit before someone on the other end picked up.

"Hello?" a man's voice answered.

"Dad?" Ayame said.

"Oh, Ayame. Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing at all."

"So you and Ryoma-kun are doing well. That's great. Anyway, what are you calling me for?"

"Can I go to Wimbledon?"

"Why do you suddenly want to go to Wimbledon?"

"Seigaku contacted us and said that they're gonna play at a tournament in Wimbledon as Japan's representatives and they want Ryoma to come play alongside them. And I want to go to watch them play!"

"I see. Well, you may go, but ask Ryuzaki-sensei if you can go along with the team. I don't want you to go alone."

"Okay!"

"Alright, let me know if anything else happens."

Ayame looked at the clock.

It's day over there, so I should be able to contact her, she thought.

She then dialed another number. Meanwhile, in Japan, Coach Ryuzaki was in her office, and her phone began to ring. She answered it. "Hello?"

"Is this Ryuzaki-sensei?" Ayame's voice asked on the other end.

"Ah, Ayame! Did Ryoma get the news?"

"He did, but I called to ask if I can ride with the guys to Wimbledon. Dad said that I could go, but I can't go alone, so can I go with the team?"

"Sure. Just don't cause too much trouble for the townspeople over there."

"Arigatou gozaimasu!"

Ayame ended the call and settled back down into bed. She got up early the next morning and packed her bags. While waiting for time to go on, she grabbed one of her books and began reading. Afterward, she stopped reading and went over to Ryoma's bed.

"Ryoma, get up!" she shouted. "You should start packing right now so we won't miss the flight back!"

With that, Ryoma jolted himself awake and got packed and ready to go. The two hurriedly got onto a taxi and went to the airport. They took a flight back to Japan and met up with Seigaku when the plane finally landed and they sprinted to the school.

"Sorry we're late!" Ayame called as they arrived.

"Echizen! Ayame-chan!" Momo said in recognition.

"You're just on time," Tezuka said. "Let's go."

The team along with Ayame went to another airport and got on a flight for Wimbledon. They got onto a bus to check out the Centre Court, and they ran into Hyotei, Shitenhouji, and Rikkaidai. Soon after, the four schools got onto the tennis courts to play matches with each other. Ayame stood alongside the coaches and watched.

"Kanna-chan, do you want to hit a little?" Yukimura asked her.

"Sure," she answered as she and Yukimura went to an empty court.

Ayame rallied with Yukimura and stopped at the same time the rest of the middle schoolers did.

That evening, Ayame left the residential areas to look for Ryoma. She knew that he was out on a court somewhere rallying with Momo.