Chapter 7- Ryoga, Ryoma and Ayame

"Oiiiiiiiiiii!" a 6-year old Ayame called out.

"You're early, Ay-chan!" a boy's voice called back. "Chibisuke hasn't finished helping with chores yet!"

A boy slightly older than her stepped into view.

"Oh..." Ayame said. "That's too bad... Guess we gotta wait for Ryoma."

"Ryoga!" a familiar voice called. "I need to talk to you and only you!"

Giving him a knowing look, Ayame stayed where she was. Ryoga disappeared into the Echizen house. She waited patiently, and soon a boy about her age came out of the house.

"Oh! Ayame!" the boy called out. "Where's Nii-chan?"

"Your dad's talking with him right now, Ryoma," Ayame replied. "When he's done, we can go play with him!"

Ayame and Ryoma waited until Ryoga came back out. Ryoma was very eager to start playing, but Ayame noticed that Ryoga wasn't very enthusiastic this time around.

"Ay-chan... I want to tell you something..." Ryoga said. "Chibisuke, do you mind if you go on ahead? We'll come join you shortly."

Ryoma agreed and ran off.

"Ay-chan..." Ryoga started with uncertainty. "Please don't tell Chibisuke about this. And please don't be angry. Dad just told me that I have to move into my aunt's house."

Ayame went numb at his words. She felt a mix of intense emotions.

"Nande...?" she said as tears filled her eyes.

She slowly stepped up to Ryoga.

"NANDE?!" she cried as she slapped Ryoga with all the strength she could muster as tears rolled down her face. "Why do you have to go?! Why are you leaving me and Ryoma?!"

Ryoga, shocked that Ayame went violent on him, stared back up at her. He saw her glaring at him while crying. He knew that she was feeling hurt, shocked, sad, and angry all at the same time. Ayame looked ready to slap him again, but she suddenly hesitated.

"I... I..." Ayame stammered as she struggled to get the words out. "I'm sorry..."

She ran away from Ryoga.

"Nande?!" she shouted.

Ayame sat up as she took in her surroundings. She's in her room. She's in Japan. She's not in America. She's not at the Echizen household.

'I was dreaming...' she thought as she got out of bed. 'Why, Ryoga? Why is your past self , haunting me?'

Ayame got dressed and got ready for school. Ever since she came back to Japan, she's been having dreams about the past and found herself screaming when she was waking up.

'It's because he could only speak Japanese and that I've been seeing Ryoma,' she thought to herself. 'Wish I'm good at forgetting things just like Ryoma. Then I wouldn't have to go through this.'

Ayame started running to school. She mentally went down a list of things to do before school.

'Tennis bag with everything packed in it, check,' she thought. 'Seigaku uniform worn over my sports clothes, check. Dragging Ryoma out of bed, not done yet. Gotta go do that.'

She ran down the neighborhood and stopped at the Echizen household. Ryoma's cousin Nanako allowed her into the house, and she immediately started running up the stairs. She kicked Ryoma's bedroom door open.

The Kunoichi of Tennis (by DaPsionicFox)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें