Chapter 6- The Two Warriors

"Get out of the way, kids!" said a voice nearby.

Ayame looked up to find the source of the voice. She had been walking outside and didn't pay any attention of where she's going, as she was deep in thought. Her thoughts had been interrupted when she heard the voice.

She looked and saw that she was near a tennis court. Three high schoolers were bullying four elementary schoolers. The younger kids looked slightly beat up.

Looking at the scene, it reminded Ayame of when she was a bully victim. She was often bullied for having high marks in elementary school, and it tortured her. Until one day it became a full all-out fight. Ayame kicked the leader out of self-defense, causing the rest of the bullies to try to fight her. She managed to single-handedly beat them up, as her experience with habitually kicking Nanjiroh paid off. When the teachers saw the beat up group, the bullies said that it was Ayame who beat them up. Ayame had managed to flee the scene before any teachers showed up, and since she was one of those "teacher's pet" kind of student, she wasn't suspected. From that day on, she was one of the most respected and most feared person at the school by all the students.

Knowing how it felt to be bullied, Ayame went up to the tennis courts, pulled out her tennis racket and a tennis ball, and served the ball through the open gate. The ball bounced and hit one of the high schoolers in the face.

"Who did that?!" one of the high schoolers demanded.

The three looked and saw Ayame standing at the gate, racket still in hand.

"What do you think you're doing?!" the high schooler that Ayame hit demanded.

"I'm looking for my ball," she said. "I think it landed in here. Can you help me look for it?"

"Well, you hit me with the damn ball!" the high schooler said angrily. "You better apologize or you'll be sorry!"

"You're not the boss of me!" Ayame retorted. "If you're just gonna yell at me, leave me alone!"

"Why, you!" the high schooler got up and was about to punch her.

"I told you to leave me alone!" Ayame said as she thrust her foot up and kicked the high schooler square in the face.

Her kick had given the boy a nosebleed.

"Want to play some tennis?" she asked as she tied her hair back and went to one of the courts.

But then she noticed that she'd be playing two of the older boys.

'I won't lose to assholes like them!'she thought furiously as she prepared to play a one-against-two.

"Ne," called a familiar voice. "Playing two against one isn't fair."

Ayame looked up.

"Ryoma!" she called, glad to see her friend.

"I'll back you up, Ayame," he said, pulling out his tennis racket.

"Let's do this!" Ayame said, stripping off her shirt and miniskirt, revealing a pink tank top and some black shorts underneath.

It was Ryoma's serve. Ayame took a glance at him and knew that his signature move was coming. Ryoma served, and the ball bounced at the high schooler's face in similar fashion to how Ayame's ball had bounced earlier.

"Was that the Twist Serve?!" the other high schooler exclaimed in shock.

Ryoma hit all his serves as Twist Serves, and the high schoolers were unable to return any of them. When it was their serve, Ryoma and Ayame were able to hit quick returns. As that round dragged on, Ayame realized that Ryoma wasn't any good at doubles. She knew she wasn't either, as this was her first time playing doubles. She ended up having to pinpoint where the ball would land and checking to make sure that she won't hit Ryoma by accident, and there were some really close moments where she almost ran into him.