Chapter 20- Ayame on a Sick Day

Chapter 20: Ayame on a Sick Day

Ayame climbed out of bed. She opened the window a little, trying not to wake Ryoma, who is sleeping on the other bed. It was somewhat cloudy outside.

OK, time to go work out! she thought as she went into the bathroom to get dressed.

As soon as she was done getting dressed, Ayame grabbed her tennis bag and quietly left the hotel room. She began heading for the nearest park. As soon as she got there, she got onto a running trail and started running on there.

Ayame ran fifteen laps in three minutes, and she wasn't running her full speed. She wasn't out of breath at all as she kept running. This caught the attention of other Americans who were passing by. In their view, they're seeing this Japanese middle schoolgirl running down the trail at an incredible speed while carrying a heavy tennis bag.

At her fortieth lap, she halted to catch her breath. She was about to start running again, but something made her stop.

I feel like I'm being watched... she thought grimly as she heightened her guard.

More clouds started rolling in, and Ayame felt like as though some spirit is watching her. But she knew there were human beings near her that are watching her. She instinctively started reaching for her racket as she looked around to survey her surroundings. Finally, in one quick motion, she did a 180° turn to face a set of bushes, took out her racket, and tossed five balls.

"Show yourself!" she shouted as she hit the balls toward the bushes.

The balls made the impact sound of hitting something, and Ayame heard yells of pain. Five high school boys tumbled out of the bushes.

America's full of insane people... Ayame thought. I can see why these guys are after me.

"Hey, you!" Ayame shouted as she began kicking the boys. "If you're looking to rape a girl, don't you dare do it to me!"

Ayame looked around and saw no one else nearby. With that, she continued to ruthlessly attack the high school boys. She did not relent her attacking until she knocked them out cold. With that, she left the park.

Little did Ayame know was that she had beaten up a group of gangsters that were wanted for committing robberies. They also liked to rape beautiful girls. Ayame was considered pretty in most people's eyes, which was why she was targeted. Unfortunately for the gangsters, she was not the type of girl to pick fights with, so they ended up getting punished by her.

After Ayame left the scene, she started looking for a tennis court. Before she could find one, it started raining.

Even better... she thought with pleasure. Then for sure the courts will be open for me to use.

Ayame eventually found a tennis court and began practicing in the rain. She is used to playing in rainy conditions after spending years of practice of training in the rain with the Echizens. She began rallying against the wall while making absolute sure that her grip doesn't slip.

Thirteen minutes into the rallying, it started raining harder, and there was a flash of light, followed by a loud crackling noise. Ayame, startled by the sudden thunder, let her grip slip out of her hand.

Damn, there's thunder and lightning! she thought glumly. Gotta get back to the hotel...

Ayame hastily packed her racket and took out her umbrella. She ran as fast as she could without slipping back to the hotel while fighting against the wind. As soon as she stepped into the lobby, she closed up her umbrella and slowed to a walk as she headed for her hotel room.