Chapter 29- Muga no Kyouchi

Chapter 29: Muga no Kyouchi

Ayame walked along the sidewalk, not paying attention to anything around her in particular. One thing ran through her mind.

How the hell am I able to use Tenimuhou no Kiwami if I can't activate Muga no Kyouchi?

Not that she wanted to be able to use Muga no Kyouchi (she really hated the fact that you use a considerable amount of your stamina as in result). It's just that Tenimuhou no Kiwami was one of the doors behind Muga no Kyouchi. She's never had any experience with Muga no Kyouchi and she was just suddenly able to use Tenimuhou no Kiwami.

The old pervert said that you have to enjoy tennis to use Tenimuhou no Kiwami... she thought. Since I play tennis for fun, it was real easy to activate it. But I always thought you were supposed to be able to use Muga no Kyouchi in order to use any of the three pinnacles. Maybe I should ask Ryoma about this... but then again, we've been playing heated matches with each other, and I don't think Ryoma would reveal anything else about him.

Ayame knew that Ryoma was the only middle schooler as of yet who unlocked all three doors of Muga no Kyouchi while being able to use Muga no Kyouchi. She never heard of any other tennis player who unlocked the three doors without being able to use Muga no Kyouchi.

Oh well, I'll find out some way or another... she thought.

Ryoma made his way back to the hotel room. He had been out practicing and was going to settle down for a nap. After some five minutes of walking, Ryoma arrived at the hotel and went to the room. He opened the door and saw something that would've probably scarred him for the next ten years of his life if he wasn't tough in the mind. His mind registered it as a red-eyed ghost with a scary face as his eyes widened and he started screaming bloody murder. Some bright aura flashed out of him as he fell backward and landed on the ground, insensible.

Ayame pulled the sheet off of her. She untied the bungee tied around her waist as she unhooked it from the ceiling, releasing her to the ground.

Damn... she thought as she looked down at Ryoma like as if he was some sort of alien. I scared him so much that he fainted? And he emitted some Muga out of him too...

Ayame had originally wanted to use intimidation to force the information out of Ryoma, but things didn't pan out the way she thought it would. She really didn't expect Ryoma to drop dead just like that.

Oh well, when he wakes up, maybe he can tell me why... she thought as she lifted up the boy and set him on her back.

Ayame dropped Ryoma onto his bed. She was trying to figure out how she scared Ryoma so badly that he fainted, given that he's a boy with incredible nerves of steel. What scared Ryoma was that the face that Ayame drew on the sheet had red eyes. He became terrified of red eyes when he once played a match with Kirihara before the Kanto finals, where Kirihara's eyes went bloodshot and he began injuring his knee.

It was sometime later in the day when Ryoma regained consciousness. He vaguely remembered why he had fainted in the first place, and then it dawned on him that it was Ayame's doing.

It's gotta be her... he thought. Nobody else could've gotten into the room other than her.

Ryoma sat up and looked around. He noticed that Ayame was gone. He had wanted to give her a piece of his mind for having the nerve to try to scare the living hell out of him and assumed that she left to escape retribution from him for the time being.

The door opened and Ayame came in.

"Ah, you're finally awake, bastard," she said as soon as she saw him. "I decided to go out and do the shopping real fast."