Chapter Twenty Six

Ask me.

Later that night Ethan came to my house again,bringing his laptop in with him.

He entered the house and sat down in my sofa.

"So,Anong gagawin mo na naman dito?" I asked and he tapped his side and i sat down.

"We're 'gonna watch." I nodded and made myself comfortable.

Oh! Wait.

I stood up and went to the kitchen to grab some snack and a bottle of coke and threw the chips to Ethan.

"Okay,i'm prepared." We leaned at the opposite side of the sofa.

"Tungkol saan ba 'to?" Tumaas ang kilay ko at nagkibit balikat lang siya.

As we watched the movie it all became clear.So the guy,i don't remember his name,was forced by his mom to go and accompany this girl,Rachel who has lukemia.It's not a love story,almost.

I was bummed when Rachel died because the guy kept on saying that don't worry this girl you're digging on won't die.But you know what? in the end,while he was showing Rachel the film he made,Rachel immediately fell on a coma and 10 hours after,she died.

"I love it.I mean,it's not completely a love story but...You know that feeling when you're like hoping but you're satisfied."

I sniffed my runny nose again.Dammit! I hate having runny nose it makes me really really sick and watery eyes! It's like i'm always crying!

"I'm sad for Rachel.I just can't explain what i'm feeling.It's good to see a good movie that's not about...Shitty things or disgusting clingy kind of stuff."

Nakatulala lang siya at patuloy lang siyang nakatulala sa walang hanggang pader.

This is why i hate silence...Well,in some kind of point and this is obviously that point.You know.It makes you think.

Tinignan ko siya.Tinignan ko lang ang mukha niya na handa lang na makinig at pakiramdaman ang pag singhot ko ng sipon.

I don't really know if i want to ask this now pero...

"Why did you leave?" It wasn't meant to be a bitter,sad or whatever but it was just meant to be a simple answer and i needed the answer.

In a not so bad longing.

"Uhmm..." humugot siya ng malalim na hininga at unti unting bumaling sa akin pero hindi sa mata ko. "At that time.My sister was dying..."

I didn't know he had a sister?

"When i arrived there she was holding my hands..." he held tight both his hands "And she said that,i shouldn't worry about her anymore,that i should be happy..." he looked up and forced a little laugh. "She knew that i can't do that.She just smiled at me.Staring at my face and you know what?" I looked at him intently "I said,i will...That was the best i could do for someone who was dying in front of me...At least mapasaya ko man kang siya,mapayapa ko man lang yung isip niya na yung kuya niya magiging masaya after he sees his sister die in front of her."

God! I was so selfish!

"After that i took care of what my dad couldn't take care of anymore...I'm sorry." We both laughed lightly

"Aren't we supposed to be done with those sorry stuffs?" I sniffed again.

"Ikaw,Tell me what happened."

"Whoa,this is also long." I took a deep breath.

"First,i found out that i had a sister and her name is Kristal.Dad had an affair and had her.She looks exactly like me but way more good! Like she's supper good." I know that i had this shine in my eyes.