Chapter 11

Stiles

He was going to call Derek. He had planned on calling him soon after he got home, but decided against it. He couldn't talk to Derek until he knew what was going on with himself. There was something seriously wrong with him if he actually wanted to kiss a guy.

But Derek wasn't just some guy. Stiles had been spending a lot of time with him and had found out so much about him. He liked Derek as a person. He thought that if Derek was girl, he'd totally be into dating him. Stiles wasn't gay though, so he couldn't like Derek as more than a friend. He couldn't actually want to kiss him. This wasn't something Stiles could just overcome in a few hours. He needed to think it over, maybe talk to someone about it.

He nervously pulled on his sleeves as he rushed down the hall towards his last period of the day. He had managed to avoid Derek, not even a single word spoken between them. If Stiles even saw a glimpse of a leather jacket and great eyebrows, he turned the opposite direction and took off, not caring if he was late to class.

Stiles was halfway there, the hallways being clear considering Stiles had waited in the bathroom for over three minutes of the passing period. He was going to be late, but the teachers were used to that. Still, he didn't want to be that late. He turned a corner to go down the hall his class was in, but instead ran right into his best friend.

"Stiles, we need to talk," Scott grumbled, twisting his fingers in the back of Stiles' shirt as he dragged him towards the nearest bathroom. He shoved Stiles inside and quickly shut the door, making sure to lock it before he started his lecture or whatever it was he needed to yell at Stiles for. "You need to talk to Derek."

"I can't," Stiles argued, reaching for the door so he could leave. Scott smacked his hand and pushed Stiles back. "Scott, it's complicated. Let me go to class." He crossed his arms as he waited for Scott to move, but he didn't.

"Stiles, seriously, this was your idea," Scott spat, narrowing his eyes. "You can't just start something this huge and not finish it because you're scared. So you don't like Derek. That 's the point isn't it? Get the hell over it and just let the guy smooch you, or whatever makes him happy. Do you realize there is no backing out at this point?" He seemed extremely furious about this, which confused Stiles. Scott never liked this plan in the first place.

"I know, Scott. I'm not stupid," Stiles replied, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's just that. . . something happened and I don't know what to do about it." He was referring to the kiss. Not the first one, which he also liked, but the second one. The one he actually really wanted to continue, and possibly more, but ran off because he was scared of that feeling.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Scott demanded, raising a judgemental eyebrow. "Did you piss him off? Because if you did, I'm not finding you another boyfriend."

"No, no!" Stiles sighed, slamming his head back against the wall. "He kissed me again, and something weird happened," he admitted, his cheek suddenly heating up. "Scott, I actually wanted to kiss him back."

It was silent for a minute, which made Stiles worry. How much was Scott judging him right now? A straight guy, actually wanting to kiss a dude. This wasn't right, and Stiles knew it. "Dude, you're not gay," Scott said firmly. "You just need to get it on with someone."

Stiles' eyes widened as he returned his gaze to Scott. His jaw dropped and Scott only grinned like an evil maniac. "Do you mean sex?" Stiles yell whispered, considering whether or not he should strangle his best friend right here and now. "With Derek? A DUDE!"