Chapter 18

A/N: Wow an update (rare, I know). I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and I'm not sure when the next update will be, but just know that I started school today, so I'm juggling school, band, a job, and writing. It's quite a task. Also, I'm a terrible person and I put off writing so much and it never gets done. Anyways, ily and thanks for reading!

Derek

It had been two days since Derek had seen Stiles, all thanks to his stupid sister getting him sick. he was currently lying in his bed, trying to sleep, but all he could hear was Cora downstairs screaming about wanting food. She should've been better by now, but Derek knew she was milking it so she could stay out of school longer. Derek, on the other hand, quite literally felt like he was dying. He missed Stiles, since the only time they talked was for a few minutes the past two days over text. Stiles asked if he could come over, but Derek didn't want to risk getting him sick as well. 

He groaned and held his arms over his stomach in pain as he flopped around on his bed, trying to find a comfortable position. Even laying there in shorts and no shirt, he was sweating. Despite that, he really wanted to have Stiles next to him. Hugging a pillow to his chest wasn't the same as hugging a person, and it was kind of depressing, especially while he was sick. He sighed when his mom yelled something up the stairs about soup, but didn't respond. He wasn't hungry. He was, however, curious about the time, because if it was after school, maybe he could call Stiles with an excuse like, "I was bored," because he was incredibly bored. 

"Derek, I'm sending up some soup!" his mother screamed, louder this time so she knew Derek would hear. He just grunted and rolled over, facing the wall opposite of his door. If he pretended to be asleep, his sister would probably just sit the food down and leave, which is what he hoped for. He closed his eyes and tried to act like he was sleeping when the door opened. It confused him a little when the door closed immediately, because Cora wouldn't have closed the door before giving him the food. 

The bowl was sat on the bedside table and then someone laid down next to him and wrapped two arms around his waist. "You're not really sleeping," Stiles mumbled, nudging Derek's cheek with his nose. Derek grinned and flipped around to face his boyfriend, who was smiling right back. "I know you said to stay home, but your mom said you needed someone to talk to you, otherwise you'd die from boredom."

"You're not here because you missed me?" Derek asked accusingly as Stiles ran his fingers through Derek's hair. He wanted to kiss him, but he was sick and he wasn't going to get Stiles sick too. 

Stiles blushed slightly and leaned forward to peck his cheek. "Of course I missed you." He pressed his lips to Derek's forehead for a few seconds before pulling away with a frown. "You're warm. How are you feeling?" His hands were cool against Derek's skin, especially with his fingers splayed across his back, underneath of his shirt. It felt nice to be held by Stiles. 

"I'm fine, Stiles. I just want to lay here with you." He sighed and tried to ignore the pain in his stomach. He'd thrown up twice this morning, and he didn't want it to happen again. 

"Fine, stubborn," Stiles grumbled, pushing on Derek's shoulder. "Turn around so I can hold you." Derek shook his head and pushed Stiles onto his back, so he could rest his head on his boyfriend's chest. Stiles sighed and rested his chin on top of Derek's head, using one arm to wrap around his shoulders and his other hand to play with Derek's hair. "This works too, I guess."