Chapter 17

A/N: okay, so I usually don't update so soon, but I wrote the chapter last night and someone asked if I could update again today, so sure. Here you go. (but don't expect another update before next week, maybe longer)

Stiles

He knew, after watching Derek all night, that he was going to end up saving his ass from doing something stupid. Stiles broke up with him, yeah, but he still cared about Derek. If anything, he wanted to get Derek back, but he didn't plan on that happening. So when he saw Derek leaving with a random guy, he followed them. Sure, it was a dumbass move considering the guy was bigger than Derek, but still. It wasn't jealousy, it was just protecting a friend. That was all. 

But then Derek looked so upset and Stiles couldn't just leave him. That's how he ended up knocking on the Hale's door at midnight with a drunk Derek clinging to his side. If Derek had been sober, Stiles would not have been allowed to drive the camaro, but since he was too drunk to drive, there was no choice. Derek was already out past curfew, as was Stiles, but he called his dad and straightened it all out before taking Derek home. 

Mrs. Hale looked extremely irritated when she opened the door. Stiles thanked God he hadn't been drinking, otherwise he'd feel even more uncomfortable than he already did. "Uh, hey," he muttered, scratching the back of his head nervously. She stood there for a moment glaring at them, but eventually stepped out of the way and let Stiles inside. "Thanks," he mumbled, dragging a half conscious Derek through the door. 

She slammed the door behind them, making Derek jump and suddenly very aware of the situation. "Oh, um. . . Mom, I'm really sorry," he slurred, tightening his grip on Stiles' shirt. 

Mrs. Hale rolled her eyes and then crossed her arms over her chest. "We'll discuss your punishment tomorrow, Derek. After school, because you're still going," she scolded, giving him that mom look. Stiles had gotten it from Scott's mom plenty of times. "Stiles, you can take him upstairs. Thanks for bringing him home and not letting him drive." She smiled, looking exhausted, like she'd been waiting up for Derek to come home. 

"You're welcome," Stiles replied, struggling to move towards the stairs under Derek's weight. 

"You can stay as long as you'd like," she called after them. "It's not like you can do anything with him being in such a state," she said, almost amused. Stiles grinned, but tried to bite it back. 

"Thanks," he responded, finally making it to the bottom of the stairs, only to be stopped by Derek's little sister. "Uh, hey Cora. Could you excuse us please?" he tried, pushing Derek up a step, hoping to get him to actually walk. Cora gaped at them, but moved out of the way so Stiles could keep walking behind Derek in case he would fall backwards, which he almost did a few times. 

When they made it to the top of the stairs, Cora was right behind them, full of questions. Stiles wasn't paying enough attention to answer any of them, but Stiles could tell it was irritating Derek. "Is he drunk? He's not old enough to drink!" Cora said, making Derek turn around and face her. Her eyes widened as she backed away. "Sorry," she mumbled, staying back against the wall. 

Stiles sighed and grabbed Derek's arm, forcing him into his room. He guided Derek towards the bed and sat him down, then lifted his shirt over his head and tossed it to the floor. He stopped when he heard footsteps behind him and turned around. "Cora, go to bed," he whispered.