Chapter 8

Hello, people. I'm back with another update. Before we start, I just want to say that girlygirlmelly and m_3724 have become my new co-authors. Anyway this chapter is dedicated to.... girlygirlmelly because she commented the right answer on last chapter'r trivia question.  I will try to update really often because the Trials of Apollo comes out and I won't have time to write.

Now on da story...

***

Annabeth POV

"Percy, you know I don't like surprises." I said with a sigh

"I know, Wise Girl, but we're almost there." Percy said . He guided me a bit a farther then took the blindfold off. I squinted as my eyes adjusted to the sudden sunlight then looked around me. On the ground was red and white checkered picnic blanket and a picnic basket nestled on top. I turned to look at Percy who was smiling sheepishly.

"Do you like it?" Percy asked, hope laced in his voice

"No," I said flatly and watched as his smiled faded

"Oh, uh..." Percy stammered as he scratched the back of his neck

"I don't like it. I love it." I said with a smile.

"You had me for a second." He said with a laugh then pulls me in for a kiss. I pulled away then sat down.

"You planned this yourself?" I asked with a raised eyebrow

"Well, Avery helped me out." Percy said pulling food out of the basket

My smile faded, " Are you sure the food's not poisoned?"

Percy turned to look at me. "I told you that you have nothing to worry about and I mean it. Even though I still doubt Avery has a crush on me."

"You know what? Let's not talk about Avery, yeah?" I said

"You're right. Let's just enjoy this quiet after-" I cut him off by raising my hand and listened intently.

"Sshh. Did you hear that?" I whisper

"Hear what?" He whispered back, eyebrows furrowed. Just then another low growl was heard from the bushes behind us and not even seconds later passed before a hellhound pounced at us.

I heard a high pitcbed scream. I turned to Percy, who had Riptide in his hand as the hellhound slowly circled us.

"Percy?" I asked

"Yeah?" He responded, his eyes focused on the heelhound.

"Wht did you yell like that?" I asked

"Uh, I didnt. I thought that was you," He said momentarily looking away from the hellhound.

"If it wasnt me... and it wasnt you, then..." I heard another scream as te hellhound pounced at Percy who was distracted.

I looked to my right and slowly backing away was....

"Avery?"

***

TRIVIA QUESTION: WHEN IS HAZEL'S BIRTHDAY?

(MENTIONED IN THE SON OF NEPTUNE)