Chapter 9

So I know this is the second time I've updated today, but I really have to update like every two seconds because of the Trials of Apollo coming out soon. This chapter is dedicated to girlygirlmelly for  answering last chapter's trivia question and m_3724 for the new cover.

Now da story...

***

Annabeth POV

"Avery ?" I said incredulously

Percy turned to look where I was looking and said, "Get Avery out of here. I can deal with the hell hound."

I nodded then ran towards where Avery was standing, wide eyed, and grab her arm.

"What are you doing here?" I said harshly

"I was- you- and then- a hound- and you and him- swords." She stammered. As she sputtered random words, I begin to realize she had seen the hell hound and Percy's sword for what they were, unlike a mortal. Could it be....? Just then Percy came sprinting toward us, yellow monster dust on his shirt.

"Are you okay, Avery?" He asks

"I'm fine. What's going on? What was that thing?" She demanded, her arms crossed

I clench my jaw. "We'll explain later at the house."

***

When we got to the house, Noah was there playung videi games with Jason and Leo. He immediately asked what had happened and tried to talk to Avery who stuttered out a few words, unsure of what had happened. Piper had decided to charm speak Noah and Avery to sleep and the rest of the demigods gathered in the kitchen to discuss what to do.

"Should we tell them? I mean, I think Avery is a demigod because she saw the hell hound and sword through the Mist, but I think Noah's a mortal." I say to everyone.

"If she is a demigod, she deserves to know." Piper said

"And if she isn't?" Nico asked

"I'm pretty sure she is a demigod. I think I remember Avery saying something to me once about her mom dying when she was born. Her dad could have been lying to her." Percy said

"What about Noah?" Thalia asked

"I'm pretty sure he's mortal. I went to his house once and he is an exact replica of both his parents." Percy said

"So should we tell both of them?" Leo asked

"I think we should. Even if we can trick them with the Mist, they may get more suspicious if any other attacks happen." Hazel said

"Ok, so we'll tell them." I said, witha sigh.

We entered the living room once again and woke up Avery and Noah. They sat on the couch and looked at us expectantly.

"Well? Are you going to tell us what's going on or not?" Avery said

"After to tell me what exactly you were doing at the park." I said and watched as her face flushed red.

"I was, uh, taking a, um walk. Yeah. You know me taking walks everyday of my life" Avery stammered.

"Uh-huh. Sure." Percy said. Avery blushed even more but stayed silent.

"So what's really going on, guys?" Noah asked with a serious face

Percy scanned the room and said, "Uh, who's telling them?"

"I think you should tell them. They've known you longer." Calypso said

"Fine." He turned towards Avery and Noah. "You guys know about the Greek gods and all those myths?"

Avery and Noah nodded warily.

"Well, they're not really myths. They're alive and sometimes gods have kids with mortals called demigods. We," he gestured to all of us, "are demigods. We think that you, Avery, are a demigod, too."

A moment of silence passed before Avery spoke up and said "You're kidding me, right?"

"No. Unfortunately, I'm not." Percy sighed

"So you're telling me," Noah started, "that one of your parents," he gestured at us, "is an Olympian god? And that you go around killing monsters and saving the world?"

"Basically." Jason said

"Okay, well, I never knew my mother. My dad always told me she died when I was born. Does that mean...?" She trailed off

"That your mom is a goddess? Probably." Piper finished

"So what happens now?" Avery asked

"Now, we go to the camp I'm always talking about. It's time you go to Camp Half- Blood."  

***

TRIVIA QUESTION: WHAT IS PERCY'S PEGASUS'S NAME?