Chapter 10

So we're only about 7 days away from the Trials of Apollo. So here's another update. This chapter is dedicated to m_3724 for commenting on last chapter's trivia question. This chapter is really short, so I apologize in advanced. 

***

Percy POV

That following friday, all the demigods and Avery headed towards Camp Half-Blood. Noah had decided not to go saying that he didn't belong there, but had a agreed not to say anything about the Greeks to anybody.

We had Iris- Messaged Chiron and let him know about Avery. He had Argus come into the city and pick us up, seeing as we all couldn't fit in my car. The minute Avery saw Argus, she freaked and almost fainted.

"Um...is that guy supposed to have 100 eyes?" She asked nervously

"Yes. Avery, this is Argus. Argus, this is Avery." I said. We all piled into the van and Argus started the long drive towards Camp Half- Blood.

***

As soon as we crossed into camp, Avery demanded to see everything which, by the looks of it, ticked Annabeth off.

"Percy, would you mind showing me around?" Avery asked pleadingly, batting her lashes.

"Um, actually-" I started

"I can show you around." Piper said. I shot her a grateful look.

"Oh, uh, sure." Avery said, disappointed

"Well, Annabeth and I are gonna go...somewhere. I'll see you guys at dinner." I said as I dragged Annabeth away.

I led Annabeth to the dock of the lake and sat down next to her.

"What's wrong, Wise Girl?" I asked, concerned.

"Nothing." She said, avoiding my eyes

"I know you and I know something's wrong." I said as I tilted her head gently so she faced me.

"It's just that... I can't let go of the feeling that Avery likes you. And now that we know she's a demigod..." She trailed off, looking down

"You're worried she might try to break us up?" I asked softly and in response all I got was her silence.

"Annabeth, Avery will come between us the day the Styx freezes over." I said. She looked up and smiled at me. I leaned in and kissed her.

"Now that that's cleared up," I said standing up and pulling Annabeth up with me, "How about we go for a swim?" I smirked before I pushed her into the lake then dived after her.

When I reached her underwater, I formed an air bubble around us.

"Percy! You seriously need to stop doing that!" Annabeth said as she wringed her hair.

"You should have seen your face!" I laughed

"It's not funny, Percy." She said, crossing her arms

"Okay fine." I said. In the distance, I heard the faint noise of a conch horn signaling dinner time.

"We should probably go now. I'm starving." Annabeth whined

"Yeah, me too" I said

***

As we were heading back towards the dining pavilion, Annabeth stopped in her tracks and said, "Wait, I forgot I have to get some blueprints in my cabin to show to Leo. I'll run back to my cabin and I'll meet you there."

"Do you want me to come along?" I asked

"Sure. Let's go." She said and turned around in the direction of her cabin.

We entered Cabin 6 and were surprised to find Avery and Piper there.

"Piper, what are you doing here?" Annabeth asked them, confused

"Well," Piper started, "while I was giving Avery her tour, she was, um.... claimed."

"Claimed...Oh" Annabeth said, realization dawning on her face. "You don't mean..?"

"That's right, Annabeth." Avery said with a smirk "I'm your sister."

***

TRIVIA QUESTION: IN WHAT BOOK DOES ANNABETH ADMIT SHE HAD A CRUSH ON PERCY SINCE SHE WAS TWELVE?