Chapter 21

Hi, people. Its me with another update. 

This chapter is dedicated to girlygirlmelly

I also wanna thank you guys for reading this story, which now has 3.41k reads. Thank you guys so much!

***

Annabeth POV

I was talking to Piper when Leo came up to me telling me to look at the doorway. I looked over to see Percy, motioning for me to come over to him. I made my way to him, confused.

"Hey. Remember when you asked me why I was late?" He prompted.

I simply nodded in response, not sure where this was going.

"Well, I have something special planned for the two of us. C'mon."

Before I could answer Percy reached for my hand and lead me out the school. We got into the limo which was still waiting outside for some reason. Percy whispered to the driver where to take us.

"Percy, where are we going?" I ask.

"It's a surprise. We'll be there soon." He said with a smile.

"Ugh, Percy, you know I don't like surprises. Plus, the last surprise you planned, we got attacked by a hellhound." I complain.

"This time, I promise, it will be perfect." He said, leaning in to kiss me.

I pulled away from him and said "Nope. No more kisses you until you tell me what the surprise is."

"You sure about that?"Percy asked with a smirk Before I could reply, Percy smashed his lips onto mine. I was surprised at first, but I couldn't help but kiss him back.

He pulled away after a while, and said breathlessly, "What happened to not kissing me?"

I blushed and shoved his arm lightly, "Oh, shut up" I looked away, watching him smirk out of the corner of my eye.

******

Percy POV

Once we had almost arrived at our destination, I turned to Annabeth and took out a blindfold.

"What's this for?" She asks me.

"It's a surprise, so, you'll have to wear this. Now, turn around." I simply stated.

She huffed in annoyance, but turned around and I placed the blindfold on her eyes and tied the cloth at the back, careful not to tangle her curls.

"You know, you're cute when you're angry." I smirk at her, even though she can't see me.

She turned around with her eyes covered and crossed her arms. I took advantage of the fact that she couldn't see me and leaned in, kissing her. She was surprised at first but ended up giving into the kiss.

The car stopped and I helped her out. I took her hand and guided her towards the picnic I had set up on the beach.

Once we were near the picnic blanket I take the blindfold off of her.

"SURPRISE!" I yell

Annabeth's eyes widened in surprise as she gasped. Just when I thought she was going to say how much she loved it, she said, "Is that a chocolate cake?"

"Yeah...Wait. What? That's all you notice? The cake? I am offended." I said dramatically.

"No, no. Everything's great, it's just that the cake is probably the best part." Annabeth responded with a smirk.

"The best part?" I ask, raising an eyebrow and advancing towards her.

"Mhmm," She said, stepping towards me.

"Are you sure about that?" I asked, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Well...I guess besides you," She answered, grabbing my tie before leaning in and kissing me.

After a while, I pulled away and led her towards the picnic blanket.

"You planned this yourself?" She asked sitting down on the blanket.

"Uh, yeah, I planned this to make up for the past date, which got interrupted by, you know, the hellhound." I said, scratching my neck.

"Well, it's perfect. Thank you." She smiled.

"Anything for you, Wise Girl." I grinned. After which, we start eating. I watched as she tried to eat without spilling anything on her dress.

"You know, you're probably never gonna wear the dress again, so it's ok if you spill food on it."

"Yeah, well. What about your tux? I don't see you spilling anything it" Annabeth said, matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, well-" The next thing I know, I have cake on my face.

"You did not just do that." I said wiping my face

"I think I just did." She said smugly, grabbing a napkin and wiping her hand.

"I think you're going to regret that."

"I think so too." She said, getting up and started running, me chasing after her with a piece of cake in my hand.

Apparently, running in heels in sand is not that easy because just when I had almost caught up with her, she tripped. I tried to grab her hand but the momentum pulled me down with her. We ended up on the sand, her on top of me, her curls tickling my face and we just stared at each other. We both leaned in and kissed, the ocean waves nearly reaching us.

When we pulled away, I smirked and her eyes widened before I lifted my hand, which still miraculously had cake,and smeared the frosting on her face.

"Ugh! Percy!" She said as she got up, wiping her face. Before she could yell at me, I placed my hands at her sides, and proceeded to tickle her.

"Percy! Please, stop!" She said between laughs. I stopped to let her catch her breath. Once she had stopped laughing, she tried to wipe the cake of her face and said,"You need to stop doing that"

I just smiled. I figured this was the perfect time to make my move. I grabbed both her hands and held them, "Annabeth?"

She looked up at me, "Yeah?" Her grey eyes were shining under the moonlight.

"We've been dating for two years now and they have been the best two years of my life. You've stayed with me through the good and bad times and have put up with my seaweed brained-ness. We have been through literal hell together." I took out the black velvet box from my pocket and got on one knee, "I love you. And I promise that I will love you forever and always. And no, I'm not proposing. At least... not yet... Annabeth... I want to build something permanent with you. Please accept this promise ring."

At this point, Annabeth had a hand over her mouth, trying to hold back tears.

"Oh my gods," I heard her whisper,

Then, louder, she said, "Of course, Seaweed Brain. Any more stupid questions?"

I slid the ring on her finger and stood up, "I love you, Wise Girl."

***

TRIVIA QUESTION: WHAT IS ANNABETH'S CABIN NUMBER?