Chapter 20

Hi, ppl. So here is another chapter. 

BEFORE YOU READ, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY.

So usually my fiend girlygirlmelly helps me write chapters and give me ideas and stuff. Sometimes, though, I have to restrain her bc she is pretty crazy and comes up with weird things. This chapter, however, I allowed her imagination to run wild. So if you find it weird, thank Melly.

Bottom line is: THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER IS PRETTY WEIRD.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Also, thank you guys so much for 3k reads. It really means a lot to me.

***

Annabeth POV

The following Saturday, was prom. We all had our hair and makeup done. We were in the living room, either sitting or standing, our heels in our hands.

"Where are the guys?"Calypso, who was sitting next to me, asked.

"Yeah, they were supposed to be here already." Avery complained.

I pulled out my phone and texted Percy, Where are you?

He replied, Be patient Wise Girl.

I sighed at his answer and threw my phone to the side.

We hear a knock at the door. Piper got up and opened it to reveal Jason. Frank, Nico, Leo, and Noah all dressed in their tuxedos. I looked for Percy amongst the boys.

When I didn't see him I asked, "Where's Percy?"

"Uh..." Was the boys' answer.

I became worried, "Where's Percy?" I repeated

"Percy said would be late with...something" Jason said, scratching the back of his neck. I frowned, feeling a twinge of uncertainty rising in my chest.

I looked at Piper, who was at his side. She shrugged.

"Oh, ok. You guys go ahead. I'll just wait for Percy and then meet you guys there." I reply.

I watched as everyone entered a black limousine as I entered the house, thinking why Percy would be late.

***

It was nearly an hour later, when I decided to call Percy and ask him about his where-abouts. As I pulled out my phone, I heard a knock at the door. I open it to sea a nervous Percy standing there with a bouquet of red roses in his hand.

"Look, who finally decided to show up. Where have you been?" I blurted out.

"I'm sorry, I had to...um...do something. But, anyways, you look beautiful, Wise Girl." He complimented me.

I smiled, and said, " Thanks Seaweed brain, you clean up nicely."

"Thanks, now shall we get going?" He says handing me the flowers.

"We shall." I say, linking arms with him. We begin walking down the front steps, and down the street I see a limo. Percy guided me toward it, and opens the door for me.

"M'Lady," He said

"Seaweed Brain." I laughed, rolling my eyes. After he gets in, the driver drives us to prom.

***

At the highschool gym, Percy and I immediately walked to the dance floor and joined the other couples who were swaying to a slow song.

I placed my head on Percy's shoulder and whispered, "Percy, why were you late?"

The curiosity had been eating me up and I desperately wanted to know. Percy leaned in close and whispered, "Patience, Annabeth, you'll get to know later. How about I get us some punch?" Percy offers.

I was still uneasy but replied, "Sure, I'll go and find the others." I say and start to walk around the floor, looking for Jason, Piper, Avery and everyone else,

"Boo!" I hear a playful voice say behind me. I turn around and I see my sister, standing there, holding hands with Noah. They were such a cute couple.

"Hey" I say.

"Where's Percy?" Noah asks.

"He's getting something to drink. Come on, let's go sit with the others." I say and we all begin walking towards where the rest were sitting.

"Finally, you're here. They are about to announce Prom King and Queen." Piper tells me. As she finishes speaking, Percy returns, empty handed.

"Percy, where's the punch?" I ask.

"Uhh...they didn't have any punch" Percy said quickly.

"What kind of prom doesn't have punch?" I ask Percy.

Just then, as if on cue, Frank comes to table and says, "Hey, have you guys tried the punch?"

"So, there was punch." I say, turning to face Percy.

"Actually, the punch looked weird, and I didn't want anything happening to you before tonight."

"What-" Before I could ask what was so special about tonight. I was cut off, by our principal speaking.

"Settle down, squirts and muchachas." He cleared his throat before continuing, "First off, I would like to thank all my senior students. You have all been wonderful." He paused then continued, "No that's a lie. I hate all of you!"

Wow, really feeling the love, I thought.

"Anyways, my name is Lorty. I know right? What kind of name is Lorty? Let's begin the crowning ceremony! The prom queen is...AVERY COOPER!!!"

A series of 'congratulations', cheers, and even a "Woot Woot Wooty" were heard from the crowd.

The principal speaks once again, "Settle down, squirts. It is now time for the Prom King. Of course, I was never nominated Prom King because who would nominate a guy named Lorty? So, the prom king is Percy Jack- WAIT A MINUTE! PERCY? What kind of name is that?

"CAN YOU JUST CROWN HIM ALREADY?!" Jason yelled.

I watch as a shy Percy walked onto the stage and took the crown in one hand, the microphone in the other.

"Thank you guys so much for the nomination, but... there's someone who deserves this more than I do" Percy got off the stage, walking towards Noah, the spotlight following him before continuing, "Noah, you have been there for me in high school since day one. We met when we joined the swim team and we became best bros." Jason cleared his throat loudly.

Percy added, "Next to Jason." At this, Frank cleared his throat loudly.

"Frank, stop having a throat issue. As I was saying..." Percy trails off.

Frank scoffs, "What the heck, man!"

"Anyways, here Noah. You deserve to be up there with Avery more than I do. Besides, I already have a blonde to deal with." I hear laughter coming from the crowd, knowing he was referring to me, and I couldn't help but smile, heat rising in my cheeks.

Percy places the crown on Noah's head. "Go on" Percy urges Noah to go up on stage,

Noah goes on stage and locks lips with Avery.

Aww's, cheers, and a "Woot Woot Wooty" were heard from the crowd once again. Slow music began playing as Avery and Noah shared a dance.

***

WEIRD, RIGHT?! ANYWAY...

TRIVIA QUESTION: IN WHAT YEAR DID HAZEL DIE?