Lesson 25: Working At Fast Food Makes You Want To Murder Everyone

Okay, story time. 

I work at Taco Bell. You gots it Stars_Alight c:

I know I am a classy Bach but that is besides the point. Just listen.

I am a "service champion", which means I work register and drive. I talk to customers, I have to stand and smile and I have to deal with people who are upset when the food takes too long.

Just a little info for all of you, nothing against my beautiful coworkers on line (making the food) but when you have to wait a very long time at drive or counter, 99% of the time it is not the person who took your order's fault, is it the people making the food who are slow.

When I first started working there, there was this grouchy old lady who would come in everyday in summer. Knowing that our Freeze (slushies) machine was broken, she would order a freeze and then have a tantrum when I had to tell her it was broken. As a courtesy, we had to offer a free drink and she would always take it, but she never seemed to learn her lesson and kept coming in every day. 

Finally. FINALLLY, when the Freeze machine started working again, she ordered one, and I could happily say that our Freeze machine worked again. I think that may have foiled her plans because she didn't come as often after that. :D 

But let's fast forward to a recent scenario or scenarios.

When you work any time past 8 pm, that's when all the drunks and high people start to come through drive. They get huge orders like 4 taco 12 packs or tons of dollar items. Heck, in the office we have a reciept with a 200 dollar order and a little note that says "Beat this." 

The people on drugs are the funniest, but they can also be really annoying.  Especially when they are people from my school all stuffed in a little car. 

So, talking on the headset with them, I already knew they were on something. It was brutally obvious. When they got up to the window, I tried to be polite as possible and give them their drinks. The driver took the drinks with a shaky hand and I had to catch one to make sure it didn't splat on the floor.All the while, all the passengers were giggling. I ask if they want any sauce and the guy just shakes his head. 

I closed the window but the driver gets my attention again. He says one of their drinks is too watery and wants a different one. I'm forced to get them a new drink because of our customer policy so I do, and give the new one to them.

Then.

Freaking then. 

They say that THAT drink is too watery and they want another one. I give them another one and when they seem satisfied I give them their food and close the window. I look at the clock. We are supposed to get orders out in under 3 minutes and 30 seconds. The clock is at 3. We could totally make this one if they just drive away. 

But they don't. Of course.

They just freaking sit there. They don't try to get my attention. They check the bag. They talk. They giggle. I sigh. Finally, my manager comes and opens the window and talks to them, after we've missed the car and I am about ready to explode.

He grabs a handful of Fire sauce packets and gives it to them. 

"They needed fire." He says, and goes back on line.

INTERNAL SCREAMING

PTERODACTYL NOISE

SAUCE PACKETS? REALLY?

I need a moment. 

If they wanted sauce packets, WHY DIDNT THEY ASK FOR SAUCE PACKETS WHEN I ASKED THEM IF THEY WANTED SAUCE PACKETS?

Rant fin.

If you liked this crazy, painfully excruciating story, ask for more in the comments. 

Lots of Love!