Lesson 10: Your Friends Will ALWAYS Give You Shit About Who You Like

• Dedicated to Dart, The Oblivious

Has anyone ever heard of a girls ask guys dance? Well we are having one at our school soon and all of the female population is freaking out. Estrogen levels are so high I am starting to wonder if it's contagious and boys will somehow transform into girls.

That may have sounded weird, but this is the only way I can stress to you how bad this is. And of course I have asked plenty of my guy friends who they are asking to this dance, and some caught my joke faster than others...

Anyway, I had public speaking after school today and I was with my bestie I talked about earlier and Miss Ballet, which is her name from now on. She is another one of my good friends. Anyway my crush (yes alert the presses, Oxy is a teenage girl) was sitting on the opposite side of the room.

"So who are you asking to the girls ask boys dance?" She said, making it completely obvious and looking at my crush.

"No one." I said, which wasn't a lie, because there was no way in hell I would ever be confident enough to ask (fake name) Dart (inside joke) to a dance.

Later, I started throwing skittles everywhere. People were catching them in their mouths and I was purposely hitting Batman (another fake name, a different friend's boyfriend) in the head with them.

Suddenly, Dart asked me to throw him one from the other side of the room. I panicked and missed, but Bestie still had to comment.

"Awe! You threw your favorite color at him."

Dart is super oblivious, or else he would have found out by now.

Question:

If you are a girl, how would you ask a guy to a dance?

or

If you are a guy, how would you like to be asked to a dance?

Lots of Love!