Lesson 17: You Have To Be Careful What You Look Up On Google

• Dedicated to Google's Messed Up Ad System

Now before you think I looked up something vulgar or a private government thingy, I DID NOT, so don't worry.

I was working on something and needed to google when Uggs and Crocs were invented, both not really my choice footwear, and now on my chromebook it is advertising nothing but those two types of shoe. And this wasn't the first time, because in October I was looking up Halloween costumes and they would pop up.

Heck, I have an obsession with dum dum's, so I could understand when they pop up, but I do ONE budgeting project where I have to see how much a shirt for a man at Target would cost and it advertises boxers for weeks. Is this normal? Do they think I am a 5 year old girl because I looked up fake Christmas toys for my fake children on a project?

The ad system for Google is ridiculous. Lately, it's been giving me pop ups of stuff while I'm trying to do work, which I do not appreciate. Someone needs to fix this. Why can't the ads be a little more relevant? It shouldn't display things I've searched for once over and over again. Show me green stuff and candy and cute clothes. BUT DO NOT SHOW ME tons of prom dresses around homecoming, men's underwear, barbie dolls, Uggs, and Crocs because you think that's what appeals to me.

Rant ended.

Lots of Love!