Chapter 2

The whole thing started during summer 2008, when my mom and my friend's mom found us a perfect middle school to go to. Me and Ann, that's my friend's name, were very exited to see the school. The school we went to before looked very scary and all the older kids that went there turned out to be a bad influence. Everyone in our grade found a different middle school and left.

   The school that our moms wanted us to go to was an absolutely new school with modernized classrooms, electives, after school clubs and sports and different events. Me and my friend lived in a big city and our school territory was considered very large for a city like ours. That school even had an indoor  swimming pool, which only couple of schools had and they were pretty old. 

      After reading a big brochure and looking at that school, we decided that school #916 would be a place, where you would actually want to study and learn something new. I can't describe how exited Ann and me were when our parents brought our documents and papers to that school. 

       But before we could get accepted we had to participate in a short testing. The goal of that school was to get as many good students as possible. It tried to copy foreign schools with modern technology and the way of learning. It was a very new and intresting concept.

       I wasn't too scared for the testing, I was considered the best student in my grade and I had no problems with studying and school work whatsoever. There were three tests all new students entering middle school had to take: our country's language, english and math. The best score you could get is nine(three for each test). I don't really remember the grading system, but the point is that after three hours at school I finally recieved my results, I got nine out of nine. That meant a lot to me, I got accepted  to my dream-school just like my friend Ann, who got a lower score.

        There were just a couple of weeks left till the school started and I basically spent my whole summer at my grandmother's country house with my friends. I would spend every summer there, my friends and me would always find a lot of things to do and we could pick and eat berrys and mushrooms, go for long walks and grow flowers there, which was something you would never do in a big city. My grandma built a small house on our territory for me, where my friends and me could gather and party.That summer I found a best friend and  someone, who had feelings for me, which was verry sudden and strange for me. I could describe that summer as one never ending dream, where everything went just the way I wanted.

          The last two weeks of summer my parents had a trip planned to Italy for three of us. They liked to surprise me with sudden trips that they planned months ago and I was happy to go to the pizza-country, but at the same time I was upset, because I had to say bye to all my countryside friends. I would also miss school orientation, but that wasn't that big of a deal. I could just find out everything that I missed out on from Ann.