chapter 7

This week went with an okay pace. Ann and me had the same exact activities every single day. We were coming to school and starting to draw all of our clasmates on a little piece of paper during class. We would laugh and the teacher would say something like this with sarcasm:" Alex, Ann, Am I interrupting you two?". And the whole class would look at our red faces. One time we even had to leave the classroom in the middle of the teacher explaining something, because we couldn't stop. Our classmates started to call us "the girls that make weird drawings" and that didn't upset us nor made us happy.

    By the end of the week we received some bad news. The teachers created a temporary seating chart and they were separating me and Ann. If I was a teacher I would probably do that the first day of school.

   Ann had to sit next to Mary, who got separated from her best friend Ann. Mary was a nice person and Ann was very lucky to sit next to her. To be completely honest, I have no clue who I sat with. It was definitely someone not as nice as Mary or Ann. 

   Sometimes Ann and me would try to sit together and see if the teachers notice and It was a pretty intresting feeling to see how well the teacher remembers the seating chart. But sadly most of them knew how much fun we had during class and did everything to prevent that.

   That day lasted for a long amount of time, probably because I actually had to pay attention in class...I wasn't exited for Fridays anymore, because we had to go to school on Saturdays. I despised going to school on Saturdays, It was the stupidest thing anyone could ever invent. We had just four classes, but you know what I needed my free time much more than those.

  The weekend went by much faster than usual even though I was just doing my homework at home the whole time. I had a short conversation with Ann, 10 % of it was about homework and 90% of it was about random stuff that is going on in our lives mostly at school.

  On Monday we had to go to the swimming at our school pool after school. It was pretty exiting for both of us, because we lived in a cold country and swimming pools were a rare thing there, especially at school. After the classes we got our swim suits and towells and went downstairs to the pool. The pool buiding was very warm and had a very strong chlorine smell. We walked into the changing room, I felt awkward changing in front of everyone... All of the girls were older than me and I felt and looked like I was five next to them.

  Finally we walked to the pool. We were given directions to sit down on a bench. The bench was super cold and we all moved closer to each other and tried to stay warm. The swimming coach lady was had a very squeaky voice and kept yelling at us like we already did something wrong. She made us line up by height and told us to get in the water. The water was freazing, after that one time 50% of people in our grade were done with swimming, that's all I have to say about the whole thing.

   The practice ended at five and we still had to do a shitload of homework. It's sad how we were wasting our childhood on doing homework 24/7. I am honestly not against homework, but when the school program doesn't think that we have anything else to do and makes us do homework all the time I get very frustrated. After the pool I dried my hair, It takes an hour to do it, but I wasn't going to stay at school for an hour, I went back to the classroom to get my stuff and went to my mom's car. The air was very cold and It got dark already. I lived far from school and that would really get in the way of my time. My life could have been described by 3 words: school, after school stuff, homework. I had no time to socialize and have a life other than one at school...