chapter 6

My mom woke me up with the words:" We are going to be late!1!" as usual and I slowly pushed myself off my bed. My legs started to touch the cold floor. I was looking for my soft slippers, but when I really needed them, they were never there. Why? Probably because it's life.

    I put on this scary uniform, looked in mirror before leaving the house and went downstairs to our garage, where my mom was waiting for me in our newly bought shiny car.

    My mom learned how to drive when she was in her thirties. It was pretty normal in our city to start driving late or never. We had a lot of other transportation like buses, subway, taxis, trains and etc. Some people like Ann's mom learned how to drive, but were too scared too, because the traffic and some other drivers in our city are crazy and It's very easy to loose control on our poorly buit roads. That's was one of the reasons why sometimes we would pick up Ann and bring her to school with me. Her mom would also be in the car, just to discuss something with my mom. My mom and Ann's mom became best friends when Ann and me were in first grade, now I am in tenth and they are still going strong! They both lived in the same area, volunteered at school a lot and had some things in common.

     Our car rides were always entertaning. We would watch weird videos of ourselves, create a play and be actors in it, annoy each other and just discuss school and anything that was up. It was certainly a fun begging of a day. 

     When we got out of a car we saw kids walking to school. A lot of the students lived so close, they could walk home and back to school without having any trouble. Ann and me lived the furthest from our school in our grade... and the road always took time and time is money. Not that I needed money when I was that age...

       Anyways, that day started to go by pretty quick and seemed to be intresting. We didn't have seating charts or arrangements in any of our classes yet and of course all I learned from every single class was nothing. I was expressing myself in a way of art during every class with Ann. Now let me explain what I mean by that: Instead of listening to any of our teachers or taking any notes, we were drawing comic strips with our classmates and teachers in them." 

      The main character in our creations was Carolina, who sat somewhere in front of us. She was a very tall girl who was not so skinny and tried to look like a little kid by wearing her hair in two ponytails and huuuuuge earings. She behaved very awkward and just made everyone laugh. It wasn't a mean type of laughter, It was just:" Who in the world  does such a  thing??" type of laughter. Blonde hair color would really fit her personality, but sadly she was a brunette. Her hair was very long, dark and pretty. 

    Our other character was our class leader and sometimes we would draw ourselves too. No matter how much we made fun of the others, we would always make fun of ourselves. I think it's a right policy.

      Ann and me were enjoying that day. All of a sudden school actually seemend like a place where it's all at! We didn't need no breaks haha, every class was like a break for us and It felt awesome. 

     In few days we were used to the school's arrangement and the location of the classes. As I said earlier, It was a requirement for everyone to take P.E. and that's where Ann, me and some of our other classmates were heading. We walked in into the locker room.It was tiny and there were twenty five people in there and I can't even express how bad was the smell... I felt very awkward changing in front of everyone else, especially because I didn't know theese people and I needed to adjust to them and learn all of their names at first at least. And that's how you know, I wasn't born to be a pornstar...

     Our PE teacher yelled at us for being changing for too long and told us about how quick the guys got ready and how slow we are. Well, sorry not sorry, this is what makes us girls. Mr.Whateverhisnamewas used to work at a school across the road from ours, It was an older school and a lot of people from there transformed to our school. The first question Mr. Whateverhisnamewas asked us was: 'Who used to go to school #459? (The schools were numbered in my city) Few people raised their hands and the teacher went from being all angry and depressed to being extremely happy. He looked at each and every single one of them, asked for their names and told us about how those people know what PE is all about and how they are athletic like people were Sparta. He obviously had his favorites.

   My previous PE teacher was a lady in her late fifties, who treated everyone like her grandkids and never made us do anything too hard. Our new teacher made us all line up according to our height, boys and then girls. We did it in my old school before every class too. I will never understand why, not in this life. I hated doing it, I would always be the last one in line...It made me feel really insecure, because everyone was making jokes about my height and always taller than me. I always took those jokes too seriosly and even though I smiled or laughed, I was absolutely torn on the inside...

   "Oh Alex, you are so short", "I am taller than you!", "Woah, I am not the shortest on anymore!", "Who's at the end of the line?!" I would hear all that pretty often and It really annoyed me.

      After we lined up, our teacher made us run laps. Ann was running at the beginning of the line and I had to run faster in order to talk to her. I didn't know anyone at the end of the line and I felt pretty lonely running behind everyone else. Our teacher quickly noticed me getting closer to the taller girls and told me to go back and run behind everyone...

    After few laps our teacher started to get distracted by some students asking him when this nightmare was going to end, I finally ran to Ann, we were facing each other and runnin. My eyes turned to the  front, where I saw  Carolina, who was running in front of us. Her body was jiggling and she was extremely red. She wasn't wearing a bra and she really needed one... Ann and me looked at each other and laughed quietly, we turned around and realized that everyone was staring at poor Carolina. I felt bad, but at the same time I couldn't hold my laugh. She looked like she she was trying so hard, but It wasn't really working. Call me mean, but I realize that I am without your comments...

    At the end of the class our teacher allowed us to play volleyball and badminton. Ann and me went to the small room where our teacher kept all PE supplies and saw some huge bouncy yoga matresses. When everyone left, we closed the door and started jumping on those matresses and throwing stuff all over the place. We were so proper yet so wild...

Thanks for reading this chapter. It took me a long time to write it(;