chapter 7

Time passed and the teachers started getting meaner and grumpier. You have to remember, my friend, no matter where you are, don't trust those teachers that act nice the first day of school, trust them when they are nice after a month of school, that's when the teachers start to show their true colors. They act completely different when they get to know you, your weak sides and your strong sides.

        Honestly, It depends on a teacher, how I act in class. Some teachers make me want to shut up and try not to breathe, some make me speak up and some make me want to argue with them till I pass out. And I absolutely despise those teachers, that make their subject boring, If I was a teacher, one of my goals would be to interest my students, to have them sitting in that classroom with their mouths wide open.

       My native language's teacher didn't like Ann or me, simply because we couldn't keep quiet and annoyed her. She was really frustrating, I have to admit, sometimes I would talk to Ann during her whole class and the only thing I would miss is a pointless story about her husband. Most of her stories were very private and personal about her afterschool life and her family. One of them went like this:" One time I came home to my slippers right in front of me brought to me by my husband in cold winter time...Instead of saying thanks honey, I said BITCH, I AM STARVING..."  I am not sure how that ended, but It made the whole class laugh. That woman didn't know what she was doing. Another one of my "teacher-haters" was my english teacher(foreign language teacher) Julia Music. She was very old and had a sign on the door to her classroom that said "A worker of public englightment-Julia Music ". That's such a lie, that made people who passed her door, think that she was practicing buddhism inside. My haters didn't end there, another one was my music teacher. Music was an obligatory class that our country required, I honestly didn't get the point of it, I would rather spend that time inventing a time machine, even though I sang professionally outside of school and was very involved in music organizations. That teacher didn't just despise me, she despised my whole grade for showing her their true feelings about her class. We didn't have to do anything to make her mad, she was a "drama queen teacher". She would spend all that time yelling at us and then blame us for her loosing her voice. Despite all my haters, there were two teachers that absolutely adored me. One of them was my environmental science teacher, I was the only student who took time to answer her questions in class and that made me look so caring in her eyes. She was ready to give me an A for the rest of the year and the next school year, even though I wouldn't even have her next year. The other teacher that loved me was my "public safety teacher", she was just a sweet old lady that treated our whole class like her grandkids, sometimes people used her kindness to talk in class or not do their work at all. That would make me upset, because that just proved that all teachers have to be mean in order to get good work from their students.

     Ann and I got a reputation of those "always laughing" girls, who were clueless about etiquette and basic school rules, but at least we had fun and still got good grades. Honestly, my grades went from straight As to As and few Bs. That upset me a lot, I used to care about my grades more than my knowledge. Now, my grade consisted of 25(18 girls and seven guys) people chosen by testing and there was competition in abolutely everything: grades, height, bra size, style, shoe game, afterschool activities, arts and hair. With so many girls and just a few guys in one grade, It was hard. 

      Let me tell you about the guys in our grade. They were all dumb as a rock, raunchy, with no sense of  humor/style/common knowldge. Nine out of ten times they smelled bad and It was disgusting to sit close to them during the class. As soon as I saw those guys, I forgot about relationships and was hoping I would not turn lesbian, because the guys didn't make quite a good impression.

    I tried to work my way up friendwise, I hid it from Ann or anyone else I know.