chapter 4

I wasn't really paying attention to what our teacher was saying. I started looking around the classroom and seeing a lot of new faces. I could tell that some people seemed to know each other from somewhere earlier. Ann was sitting next to me and doodling something. I glanced at the people at the desk right next to us. It was a girl and a guy, later I found out that their names were Nick and Dany, they were discussing something. There was something odd about that girl, she seemed like she was girly, but at the same time such a tomboy. Dany had short hair and blonde highlights, small fingernails, that she was biting, brown eyes and big cheeks. I looked back at Ann and she started telling me about another girl named Ann, who she saw at the orientation and told me to look at the last desk in the left row. I slowly turned my head and saw a very pretty girl with long prefectly straight hair and big dark eyes. It looked like she had some makeup on and she really cared about her appearance and looks. As we got dissmissed I watched her standing up next to her friend and walking to the door. She was as skinny as a stick and was really standing out from all of the other girls.

   I don't even remember what I told my friend about her. I started paying attention to some other people in my next class. I saw two girls, they looked like they got along pretty well. They kept laughing and smiling about something. I actually felt like they would be fun to be around and It would certainly be cool to become friends with them. 

    By the end of this long day I realized that there are only seven boys in our whole grade. Our whole grade is 25 people and only 7 of them are male. That can't be real. At that time I was actually fine with it, because I cared about my grades more than anything else. Later on I realized that having such an inequality of boys and girls in the same grade can be very tough. 

      As I got in the car the trial started with my mom aka a judge. She is not really a judge, but she always asks me so many questions about school, It's like I am a criminal or a witness that has to give a testimony. Anyway, I told her that my day went really well and our teachers seem nice just like our main teacher (class leader). I was very exited to see more stuff on campus and learn more about the opportunities that the school gives you.

        Later that day I talked on the phone to Ann and we were pretty much discussing school and talking about our old school and comparing the two. I was on the phone for about three hours until my mom told me to go to bed as soon as possible, because I won't be able to wake up for school otherwise. I said bye to my friend Ann and went to charge my phone, because after our long conversations, It would always run out of battery.

    Before I went to bed, I would always read a book for an hour. I didn't like reading, unless It was something that really kept my attention and intrested me, which in that case wasn't. I looked through the pictures of some old book and put it aside. I always liked to go back to certain books just to look at the pictures or read my favorite part. One of  those books was written by Madonna and It was my all time favorite. I liked Madonna not just as a singer, but also as a writer. Her style of writing was so easy to understand, yet her stories carried a big meaning and message to all the readers. 

    I felt tired and was willing to go to sleep. I put the book back on my bookshelf and turned off the lights. Part of the reason why I would go to bed early was because I had a hard time going to sleep. My matress wasn't soft and I felt like I was sleeping on the rock... My parents said that It was good for my back, I had back problems and still have them, because that mattress didn't work and I lost all of theese hours of sleep and had such bad insomnia for five years or so. 

     Sometimes I would make my mom lay in bed with me until I fall asleep, she would always be there for ten minutes and then leave. I understood that It annoyed her a little, because It was honestly an every day thing, but at the same time I would never fall asleep when she was there...