Three

Newt woke up to an empty apartment.

It was a good bet that Minho was at Teresa's, probably hungover. Minho never knew when to stop drinking which was why he was lucky to have Teresa. She was the one in the relationship with her head on straight.

Newt put on a pot of tea and sat at the island in the kitchen with his phone. He had a text from Minho and two from an unknown number.

Min: Stayain aaat TErresass

Newt just shook his head, he didn't know what to do with his roommate at times.

123-4567: hey uh you left your wallet in my car. Must have fallen out of your pocket.

123-4567: this is Thomas btw, I got your number from Minho

Newt groaned as he realized the absence of his wallet. That was definitely something he needed.

Newt: hey! Do you think I could stop by today and pick it up!

A little typing bubble appeared at the bottom of the screen almost instantly. Soon enough there was a reply.

Tommy: sure! I have class at 4 but anytime before then works

Newt: noon?

Tommy: that's fine. See you then!

Newt shut off his phone and took off his tea. Making a cup, he left it out to cool as he took a fast shower. Maybe today he could make a better impression.

He brushed out his hair in the mirror and frowned at his black and white complexion. Of course he always wondered what color his hair would be, his eyes and even his skin. He had no idea what colors looked like but it was human nature to be curios.

He had about an hour to get to Thomas'. He dressed quickly in jeans and a simple button down. After deciding he looked good he sat back down and drank his cup of tea.

After texting Thomas for directions he grabbed his keys and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He finally found the apartment he was looking for and after taking a deep breath he knocked on the door.

It opened shortly after by none other then Thomas. He had on a T-shirt that could be a size too small and sweatpants which he pulled off with ease. He could probably pull anything off, some people got all the luck.

"Newt! Hey come in," Thomas smiled as he opened the door wider.

Newt smiled and walked in the house after Thomas.

"I know you just came for this," he started as he tossed Newt the small wallet, "but if you want lunch, I made chili and I made way to much..."

"You don't have to," Newt quickly said, cutting him off.

"I know," he grinned, "but I want to. See I thought if Minho who is your best friend and Teresa who is my best friend are soulmates then we should become friends."

"They've known each other for an entire year and we just met each other yesterday," Newt pointed out.

"It's like they were hiding you or something," Thomas laughed, "you don't have to stay though it was just an offer."

Newt picked up on how Thomas' face fell slightly and a wave of guilt washed over him.

"I'd love to stay."

"Really?" Thomas' face lit up, "I don't actually have that many friends around here, I have Teresa and I guess Aris is kinda my friend and Fry but..." he paused, "I have no idea why I just told you that."

The corners of Newt's lips pulled up as he held back a smile, "how about we eat?"

Relief took over Thomas' face as he disappeared to the kitchen, "do you eat a lot?"

"Just give me as much as you're having," Newt responded as he looked around the small living room he was standing in. There was a couch and a recliner with a TV that wasn't much bigger then a laptop. There was something about it though that made it feel, comfortable.

Thomas' head peaked out of the kitchen as he held a bowl in his hands, "tables this way."

Newt followed him through the kitchen to a little attatched dining room. The table was a darker shade or grey then the walls with matching chairs.

"You got a nice place here Tommy," Newt pointed out as he sat down.

"Thanks! It actually suits my needs very well," he placed the bowl in front of Newt and went back to grab his own.

"Do you pay rent by yourself?" Newt asked as Thomas sat down across from him.

He nodded as he blew on a spoonful of chili, "I get the place to myself and it's not too expensive."

"I'm jealous, living with Minho is a pain at times. Especially when he takes 30 bloody years in the bathroom to do his hair," Newt rolled his eyes as he spooned his bowl.

Thomas laughed and dropped his spoon back into the food, "he sounds like Teresa."

"Probably why they're soulmates," Newt pointed out as he directed the spoon into his mouth, "bloody hell Tommy, you made this?"

He nodded quickly, "yeah. Why? Is it that bad."

"No it's great! Can you cook for me every day?" Newt greedily gulped down another spoonful.

"You're always welcome here," Thomas grinned as his eyes skipped from Newt to the bowl of Chili.

Newt gave him a half smile and went back to work on his chili, happily scraping the bowl clean.

"Teresa won't eat my chili because its 'not healthy' and 'fattening'" Thomas said as he took the two empty bowls to the kitchen sink.

"I'll gladly eat hers!" Newt exclaimed as he got up and stretched.

"I'll let her know she's being replaced," Thomas laughed as he wiped his hands on a dish towel.

"I should get going, Minho's gonna be hungover and that leaves me to take care of him," Newt sighed as he headed toward the door, "thank you for lunch, it was seriously great."

"Anytime! Let's do it again sometime?" it came out as more of a question then a statement.

"Of course! See you later Tommy!"

"Bye Newt!" Thomas waved as he shut the door behind him.

Almost as soon as he left his phone buzzed with a text.

Min: brain is busting out of my skull. come home and help me you little british twat 

Hey guys! Thanks for reading my fanfiction so far! I really hope you're liking it :) Don't forget to vote and comment!

-Kara