Six

"Next time you should at least send me a damn text telling me where you are," Minho scolded as Newt entered their apartment.

"I'm an adult Minho, I don't need you keeping an eye on me," Newt crossed his arms.

"Well after your stormed out like that blame me for being a little worried!" Minho raised his voice.

"I feel asleep at Tommy's okay! It's no big deal!"

"It is to me Newt! I'm your best friend and you didn't....." Minho suddenly paused and grinned, "you fell asleep at Tommy's?"

"I know what you're implying and no, there was none of that involved," Newt's cheeks heated up.

"Have you touched him ever?" Minho asked almost shyly.

"No wh....he's not my soulmate."

"But you like him."

"We're friends," Newt rolled his eyes.

"Touch him."

"No! I'm not just gonna bloody feel him up to see if colors magically appear!"

"Why not? When I bumped into Teresa it took one touch and boom, a lifetime of happiness with a perfect person."

"What if he isn't tho Minho? What if we touch and it still stays black and white? Then I'd be heartbroken!"

Minho jumped up on the couch and pumped his fist in the air, "I knew it! You do like him!"

"It doesn't matter," Newt mumbled as he stared at his shoes. Did he like Thomas? He was always nice to him and he loved hanging out with him....

"Earth to Newt," Minho yelled through his cupped hands.

"Sorry what?"

"He finds you attractive I say go for it. And so what if there's no colors, if you two like each other some stupid little universal phenomenon shouldn't get in the way."

"I'll think about it," Newt replied softly.

"You deserve to be happy Newtie," Minho hopped down from the couch and ruffled Newt's hair, "if Thomas makes you happy then there's nothing stopping you."

"Except rejection," Newt muttered to soft for Minho to hear.

"I'm going to the gym," Minho announced as he grabbed his bag, "be safe, no sex while I'm gone."

"I'm not going to..." Newt shouted but Minho slammed the door so he couldn't finish.

Newt sighed and pulled out his phone.

He texted the only person that was on his mind at the moment.

Newt: Hey Tommy, thanks for letting me stay. Sorry about falling asleep

Almost instantly there was a reply.

Tommy: I'll forgive you if you promise we can do it again sometime?

Newt grinned as his heart rate sped up. For some reason a strange urge to cuddle the other boy drove it's way straight into Newt's head.

Newt: I think we can arrange something :)

Tommy: Looking forward to it ;)

Minhos words played through his head like a broken record. He finds you attractive, I say go for it

Newt's fingers danced over the keypad as he typed out different responses.

How about we go on a real date?

Delete

Like a date or just friends?

Delete

I think I like you Tommy

Delete

He was just about to type out another response when he got a FaceTime call from Thomas.

He fixed his hair quickly before hitting accept.

"Hey Newt!" Thomas exclaimed as his face appeared on the screen.

Bloody hell was he hot. His hair was all messy but it looked really good and thick glasses sat on his nose which for some reason made him look like a model.

"What's with the glasses?" Newt managed to choke out.

"I usually wear contacts but I don't put them in on weekends."

"I like them," Newt said before he even realized what he was saying.

"T-thanks," Thomas stuttered for a second but regained his confidence quickly.

"Tommy, I just left your house like an hour ago why did you FaceTime me?"

"I got lonely," Thomas stuck out his lower lip at the camera which almost made Newt's heart stop.

Newt rolled his eyes but couldn't stop himself from laughing.

Thomas stared at the screen for a few moments, "you know, I think you actually are hotter then Minho."

Newt's eyes widened as his cheeks burned, "what?"

"Teresa said Minho was hotter but I don't agree. I think you are."

"Well uh....I uh....uh thanks Tommy," Newt sputtered out.

Thomas smiled as he grabbed the phone and walked to his kitchen.

"Shit," he cussed softly.

"Problem?" Newt asked, his mind still going over the compliment.

"There's like no food in here, I'm gonna have to go shopping," Thomas frowned, "I'll text you later Newt!"

"Bye Tommy," Newt said as Thomas ended the call.

He started pacing around his living room, he was definitely sure he liked Thomas. He liked Thomas. He wanted to date Thomas, to hold his hand, to go to stupid places with him, to kiss h.....but he's not going to waste his time on someone who's not his soulmate. All he needs to do is touch Thomas and it'll all be okay. Right? But if they're not soulmates then what is he gonna do? What if he's my soulmate but I'm not his! What if....

Newt groaned and flopped down on the couch so e could stare at the ceiling, "this is so bloody confusing."

His eyes flickered over the room until he had his plans weighed to three options.

One, touch Thomas. Two, tell Thomas he liked him. Three, avoid touching Thomas forever.

After taking a shower and eating almost all the leftovers in the fridge Newt made his decision.

He was going with choice three.

Thank you guys so much for reading! I really hope you're liking it so far :) Don't forget to vote and comment! Ily all
-Kara