Nine

"MINHO!" Newt yelled as he paced around his bedroom.

"Newt what could you possibly want?" Minho groaned as he rolled sleepily into the doorway and rubbed his eyes.

"It's almost noon how were you still sleeping?" Newt muttered as he continued pacing.

"It's the weekend that's how," Minho grumbled as he crossed the room and grabbed Newt's arm to make him stop pacing, "what is your problem?"

"Thomas is my problem," Newt frowned.

"Oh yeah, your date is today right?"

Newt nodded then sighed and buried his face in Minho's chest.

"I'm starting to like him a lot Min."

"Is that bad?"

Newt nodded, ruffling Minho's shirt in the process.

"Newt come on," Minho sighed, "you're allowed to be happy."

"Okay," Newt's voice cracked and Minho took a deep breath.

"Don't cry kid," Minho scooped him up and carried him carefully over to their couch where he sat down and pulled Newt into his side.

Newt was trying hard to conceal his tears so he left his face hidden, pressed tightly against his friends body.

"You're gonna go out with Thomas tonight and have a great time okay?"

"Okay," Newt said weakly but it came out as more of a squeak.

"Come on Newt, do this not only for you but for me. I want you to be happy, you haven't been happy since I first told you about Teresa."

"I'm not unhappy," Newt pulled back so he could look his roommate in the eye, "I'm scared."

"Just forget about the whole soulmate thing okay?"

"I can't Min! Cause if I'm not his soulmate then eventually he'll leave me for someone better and I wont be able to handle that!"

"If he leaves you for someone else that's his loss cause Newt you're great, annoying at times but great," Minho lightly pushed Newt's shoulder but Newt was smiling so it worked.

"Thank you," Newt wiped his cheeks, "I'm sorry."

Minho just pulled him into a long silent hug.

At that moment there was nothing Newt needed need more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas walked nervous circles around his couch as he dreamed of everything that could go wrong during the date.

What if Newt decided that dating him was a stupid idea and didn't show up? What if he accidentally touched Newt and Newt never spoke to him again? What if...

His thoughts were interrupted when he tripped over a charger and face planted onto the soft couch.

He debated calling Minho, no one knew Newt better then that guy. Getting up from the couch, he grabbed his cell phone and dialed Minho's number.

He picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Min, I need your help."

"You're not thinking about ditching Newt are you?" Minho's tone got seriously defensive and chills shot down Thomas' spine.

"No, of course not why?"

Minho sighed loudly into the phone, "Newt's paranoid, I don't think he's ever been on a real date before."

"Listen, I'm into him and I just want this date to go well so he'll see me again and I thought since you're his best friend I'd come to you."