Eight

"Okay, let's talk then," Newt shifted awkwardly on his feet as he watched Thomas' gaze flicker nervously to the ground.

"You're cute," Thomas blurted out then flushed red and took a deep breath, "wait no. Well, I mean you are cute, really damn cute, but that's not what I'm tying to say. Fuck." Thomas took a deep breath and shook his head slightly, "okay what I was trying to ask is do you want to go on a date with me?"

Newt looked like a deer caught in headlights. He looked shocked out of his mind, "wait you're interested in dating me?"

Thomas nodded shyly, "well yeah. What do you say?"

Newt paused for a moment as he played with his hands, "I like you too Tommy but I don't want to be wrong."

"Be wrong about what?"

"Soulmates, I don't want to date someone who's not my soulmate but I don't want to touch you to find out cause if I'm wrong...." Newt trailed off and looked sadly at his shoes.

"No touching then," Thomas said.

"What?" Newt's head popped up.

"Let me take you out and I promise not to touch you. No matter what, at all costs I won't touch you," Thomas suggested but a pleading look hidden behind his eyes.

Newt stared at Thomas for a few moments before smiling softly, "okay, yeah sure."

"Wait really?" Thomas grinned and bounced on his toes.

Newt nodded as Thomas took a step closer then froze and stepped back, "Sorry, forgot no touching."

"I just got home I uh, gotta shower," Newt scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Yeah! Uh I'll text you?" It came out as more of a question as Thomas frowned.

"I'd like that," Newt grinned as he watched Thomas walk out the door.

That boy was going to be the death of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"HE SAID YES TERESA!" Thomas screamed as he burst into Teresa's apartment.

"Tom? What are you talking about?" Teresa groaned as she stood up and stretched from her position on the couch.

"Newt," Thomas was grinning like a love sick puppy.

"Newt said yes to what?"

"Dating," Thomas took off his jacket and pointed to himself, "dating me."

"Tom! Are you serious!" Teresa squealed and pulled Thomas into a hug, "that's great!"

"I know it is! There's one condition though," Thomas frowned slightly but it still couldn't crush how happy he was.

"And that is?"

"No touching."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He asked me," Newt smiled stupidly as he slid around his and Minho's kitchen in his socks, "he thinks I'm cute."

"Newt who are you talking to?" Minho suddenly asked as he came out of the bedroom.

"Myself!" Newt grinned. He didn't even know that Minho had come back but neither did he care.