Ten

Sorry about the slow updates; exams are killer

"Newton!" Thomas called as Newt walked into Thomas' apartment.

"Don't call me that," Newt frowned as he met Thomas in the living room.

"Aw don't pout," Thomas laughed and patted the seat on the couch next to him.

"Remind me again why I like you?"

"I'm insanely hot and I top it all off with my charming but enduring personality?"

Newt laughed and went to stand back up.

"Wait don't get up," Thomas grabbed Newt's sweatshirt sleeve lightly.

Both boys froze. Nothing happened.

"Shit Newt, I'm so sorry," Thomas stood up and quickly pulled back his hand.

Newt was just staring at his sleeve.

"I don't think that counts, shit," tears were pricking at Thomas' eyes, "Newt I'm so sorry."

"Maybe I should just uh, go," Newt said quietly as he stared at Thomas' black and white face.

"Newt," Thomas was close to crying now, "please."

Newt started walking out but froze when he heard Thomas' voice.

"It's been 3 months! We've been going out on dates for 3 damn months Newt! I've been so good, do you know how hard it's been for me?" tears were sliding down Thomas cheeks now, "Do you know how badly I want to kiss you, even just hold your damn hand? I think I'm in love with you and I can't even touch you."

Newt didn't turn around he just stared at the door, wiping his eyes, trying to get the tears to stop, "you can't love me Thomas, you'll leave me."

"No I won't Newt! How do you not understand I'm in love with you!" Thomas' voice cracked as he let out a sob.

"Why would you stay with someone who isn't even right for you?"

"I don't want someone else Newt, I just fucking want you!"

"Maybe you want me now but when your soulmate comes along you'll leave me."

"I'm not going to! I don't give a shit about that soulmate stuff!"

"But I do Thomas!" Newt turned around to face the boy as tears streaked down his face.

"Please don't go," Thomas wiped his cheeks and looked at Newt with the most broken expression he's ever seen on anyone's face.

Newt didn't say anything else as he left, slamming the door behind him. When he got into his car he dropped his head onto the steering wheel and sobbed into the leather. The one good thing in his life was taken away from him. He hit the wheel, making the horn go off. He slammed the keys in and drove home, brokenhearted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fuck!" Thomas yelled as he hit the wall. He then slid down the wall till he was balled up on the floor.

He ruined the one thing that made him happy, the only person he truly cared about. Full on sobs racked his body as he cradled his head in his hands.

Every time he calmed down a new wave of sobs racked his body. His stomach was sore and his eyes were burning.

Eventually he fell asleep on the floor with an empty feeling in his heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Newt," Minho knocked on his bedroom door softly the next morning.

There was no answer.

"Newt? What happened last night?"

Still no answer.

"Newt, come on, talk to me buddy."

"Don't want to," Newt's voice sounded from behind the door.

"Well, are you okay?" Minho asked, worried.

"No."

"Did Thomas do something?"

Newt let out a sob from the other side of the door.

"I'm coming in," Minho said as he pushed the door open.

Newt was laying on his bed in a mess of blankets, his face buried in his pillow.

"Shit Newt, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," Newt mumbled as he dug his face deeper into the pillow.

"Either you tell me or I'm going to Thomas' house right now," Minho crossed his arms as Newt slowly rose his head.

"He grabbed my arm Min, and I still see the world in black and white."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Get out," Thomas said sternly as Teresa walked into his apartment.

"No, Minho said Newt's been crying all day and I want to know what happened," Teresa crossed her arms and sat on the couch.

Thomas looked up at her with his tear stained face and swollen eyes.

"Shit Tom, you've been crying too?" her expression softened as he pulled him into a hug.

"I'm not his soulmate T, he left," Thomas buried his face in her shoulder, "and I'm so in love with him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you like Thomas?" Minho asked as Newt finished telling him the story.

"Yeah, a lot," Newt admitted.

"Then there's no way in hell you're letting him go over something so stupid."

"There's no point Minho."

"Don't make me fix this myself. Come on, Thomas is hot and nice, plus for some reason he likes you. You're not letting this go okay?"

Minho placed Newt's phone on his lap, "text him today but I get you're upset and I'm not a shit friend so stay in bed all day, I'll make food."

Newt smiled softly, "thanks Minho."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suddenly Teresa sprung up and let go of Thomas.

"I have an idea!"

"What?" Thomas wiped his eyes on his sleeve.

"Get in the car," she said as she grabbed her keys, "we're going over to Newt's house."

Sorry this is a little short. I'm thinking about wrapping up the story in about 5 more chapters, I'm losing my motivation to update but I wanna finish this story. Thanks for reading and sticking with me through this mess of a story. x Kara