Four

Newt leaned on the counter as he scanned the empty gas station. Business was really slow, and boring, that day. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked his messages, there were none.

He sighed in defeat as he sat down on the stool behind the register. He hadn't heard from Thomas in over a week but that didn't mean he wasn't on Newt's every thought. Something about him just pulled Newt in.

He rested his head on his hands and let his eyes flutter shut. If someone came in the bell would ring and wake him up.

He was almost asleep when the door opened and his head snapped up.

"I got bored, thought I'd stop by," none other then Thomas said as he made his way to the counter.

"Oh hey," Newt smiled as he rubbed the exhaustion from his eyes, "how'd you'd know it was my shift?"

"I didn't," Thomas said as he leaned on the counter across from Newt, "Teresa had to fill up her tank and I saw you in the window."

"Just saw me or were you looking?" Newt smirked as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Anyways, how've you been?" Thomas asked, avoiding Newt's question.

"Good besides having to work this bloody boring job," Newt huffed as he fixed a candy display on the counter.

"When do you get out?"

"About a half hour I think, why?"

"Teresa's going to your place, if you wanted I could uh, tag along, just so you don't have to be a third wheel," Thomas said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Sure, once Sonya gets here I should be good to go," Newt smiled as he wiped his palms on his jeans.

"I could, uh stay here and keep you company?"

"That would be bloody great," Newt said as he ran a hand through his hair.

"So how come you work here?" Thomas played with a candy wrapper on the counter as he waited for a response.

"I needed a job with flexible hours, this place is so run down I barely get any business but the pay isn't bad, helps out with my tuition a lot."

"You could just sit here and text me the whole shift," Thomas smirked as he hopped up on the counter so he was sitting on it.

"Tommy get off the bloody counter," Newt sighed as he spun around to face him.

"I'm pretty comfy up here," Thomas slid so he was full on laying on the counter.

"You're a pain in the ass," Newt groaned as he looked behind him to make sure Sonya wasn't coming in early, she'd definitely get the wrong idea.

"So is that other girl who works here your girlfriend?"

"No, I'm actually uh waiting to date till I find my soulmate," Newt flushed as he looked down.

"Uh yeah, same" Thomas said his voice dropping slightly but before Newt could say something Thomas hopped off the counter.

"You didn't actually have to get down," Newt said as he frowned slightly, he had a feeling he did something wrong.

"Nah, my ass was hurting," Thomas laughed as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. His thumbs flew across the small screen, typing something out.

"Teresa is being impatient," he rolled his eyes, "I'm gonna have to meet you at your place."

"Alright," Newt gave him a weak smile, trying not to hide the disappointment on his face.

"See you," Thomas said before waving at Teresa out the window and hurrying out the door.

Newt let out a sigh and slunk down on his stool feeling slightly defeated. He replayed their conversation over in his head, trying to figure out what he said that made Thomas run. After coming up with nothing he put his head on the counter and stared at the agonizingly slow clock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey! Newties here!" Minho yelled as Newt walked through the door.

He gave Minho a weak smile as he scanned the living room. Thomas wasn't anywhere in sight.

"Everything okay?" Minho asked as he got up and approached his friend.

"Yeah, fine. Where's Thomas?"

"Bathroom," Minho hid a smirk then returned to his couch spot, pulling Teresa on his lap.

Newt let out an inward sigh of relief. Thomas wasn't mad at him.

He headed to his room to change out of his uniform, slipping off his shirt in the hallway.

The bathroom door swung open and Thomas froze as he saw Newt with his shirt pulled over his head.

"Oh, uh, hey Tommy," Newt stammered as he crossed his arms to cover up his exposed chest. He felt a wave of heat shoot straight up to his cheeks as Thomas' eyes looked him up and down.

"Hey, I'll, uh, be in the living room," Thomas said as he practically ran to the living room.

Newt disappeared into his room and pulled a hoodie over his head while switching his work pants out for jeans that were on the tighter side.

"Newt would you hurry up!" Minho yelled from the living room. He rolled his eyes and jogged back to where his friends were.

"You're so needy," Newt hummed as he spread out across the recliner that was next to where Thomas was sitting.

"We should play a drinking game," Teresa suggested as her head rested in the crook of her soulmates neck.

"No," Newt groaned, "I don't feel like getting drunk."

"No one said you had to get drunk," Minho shrugged.

"I always lose these games and you know it," Newt crossed his arms as he stretched his legs out on the chair.

"Come on Newt, it'll be fun," Thomas smiled at him in reassurance and if his eyes weren't so beautiful Newt would have said no.

"Fine," he grumbled which made Minho cheer loudly.

"We found blondies weakness!"

"Don't call me blondie, you know that bothers me," Newt glared at him.

"Sorry Newtie-cutie you'll be able to see what blonde looks like sooner then you know it," Minho smiled at him but there was a sincere apology behind his words that only Newt would be able to detect.

"Let's get this over with, what are we playing?" Newt quickly changed the subject.

"How about a good old game of Never Have I Ever?"

Hey guys! I hope you're liking this so far! Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it. Thanks for reading :)
-Kara