Chapter 8

Your POV

You ran down the street, hearing your name being called in the distance, it must be Dan. You could see that he was following you. You didn't want to ruin his life more.

"It's all because of me," you muttered down the foggy streets. People looked at you strangely as you went charging down the street, around the corner, and into a coffee shop. A basic small one with the aroma of burnt coffee beans wafting through the air.

Carefully you watched the window while drinking the coffee you ordered. Then you saw Dan, he looked into the window, seemed to make eye contact with you, then was gone. Perhaps he never did see you? The glass could've just been reflecting his perfect hair.

Twitter was blowing up as you sat there awkwardly in the corner of the  shop. You flipped through the tweets, most of them were friendly and fanlike- protecting you from the haters, typing furiously at the keyboard to protect someone they may never meet.

@Ghostfacejrjr

 She's not a whore! Now stop spending your day as a weird freak that doesn't understand friendliness.  

@pielover2001

YEAH! DONT GO CALLING PEOPLE WHORES WHEN YOU YOURSELF ARENT BEAUTIFUL ON THE INSIDE WHEN YOU SAY THAT SHIT!

You smirked and continued the hit drink. That's when Dan entered and your eyes locked onto him. His brown eyes were hypnotizing to look at as he fixed his hair again. 

"You okay?" He asked, pulling your hand from your phone and into his. "I'm sorry about the picture, I just... I've liked you for a while now, even before we met. I know this is super awkward and shit, and I'm sorry about that. But please, come to the zoo with us or anywhere else."

You giggled and squeezed his hand tightly, his were cold from the harsh climates soon approaching. "Of course. I needed a breather, that's all. I felt like I was going to be physically sick." 

"That sucks. I was so worried that you literally were never going to come over again or anything!" Dan laughed, with a frown. 

"Okay," you said, standing up and throwing away the cup. "Let's go!" You were still holding hands.