Chapter 8: The Text

Chapter 8: The Text

It has been a week since the slumber party and Sammy, Lily, Bree and I have been spending a lot of time together. Today is the only day I have spent away from them in the past week. I feel like I have nothing to do. I lay across my bed with my headphones on. Just then, my phone vibrates. I pick it up to see a text from Logan.

Text conversation:

L:'Hey Mel. :)'

M:'Hey Logan. Wow. I'm going to have to get used to this. :)'

L:'Used to what?'

M:'Having contact with my favourite band. :3'

L:'Haha. You better cause I have a feeling you will be seeing a lot more of BTR. ;)'

M:'Yay! ;P'

L:'So I hear that you're having a break from Sammy, lol. Any chance you will be willing to spend your day off with me?'

M:'Sure. What would you like to do? :)'

L:'Do you want to go to the park at the corner of Woodcraft Ave?'

M:' Lol It's on my street.'

L:'Haha. It's on my street too!'

M:'Lol. See you at the park in an hour?'

L:'Sure! See ya.'

M:'Bye.'

Did that really just happen? I can't believe I am going to the park with Logan! I have no idea why I'm so excited. Probably because he is a celebrity. I have a quick shower and put on some jeans and a plain white shirt. I brush my wet hair through and put on a little makeup. By the time I was ready, it was just about time for me to leave, so I head outside and down the road. The park had a set of swings, a small playground and a large field. I go over to the swings and sit down. Logan comes up behind me after about three minutes. "Hey, Mel," he says.

"Hi, Logan." I smile slightly.

"So you're the newcomers to the street."

"So you're the celebrities that live down the road." I joke with him.

"I thought you would have come to see who the celebrities were." He laughs and sits on the swing next to me. "How come you didn't?"

"Well I thought that you would want your privacy, I mean, it's bad enough you have paparazzi that follow you. Do you really want your neighbours doing the same?" Something just clicked, I have been, and still am, living literally a few houses down from BTR.

"I wouldn't have minded if it were you coming to see us." I blush and look down. "So what have you been doing this week with Sammy, Lily and Bree? By the way, I would like to meet them someday."

"Well, we had a slumber party on Monday night, then went to the mall on Tuesday. Library on Wednesday. Slumber party at Bree's on Thursday and Lily's on Friday. Yesterday we worked on getting our books and stuff ready for school. It has been exhausting." I sigh. "But it had been one of the best weeks of my life. How about you? What did you do this week?"

"Nothing interesting. Just relaxed since our L.A. concerts are over."

"Come on. I need more detail than that." I joke.

"But I will bore you to death, seriously! Nothing interesting happened!" I pout and Logan groans.

"Fine! I thought about the after-party, and how I had so much fun with you and how I wanted to get to know more about you." 

I smile at Logan. "What do you want to know?"

"Ok, one thing I didn't ask at the after party was how did Sammy find you, or meet you... you know what I mean." He looks at the clouds.

"Well I won V.I.P. tickets to you guys' show, and when I came in, Sammy was the only one who wasn't jumping up and down with excitement. Something about her made me walk over to her and introduce myself. I literally don't know what lured me to her." Logan looks at me. "If that is what you meant with your question," I say.

"Yeah, it is. So a little bird told me you're a Twilight fan." He rocks the swing slightly.

"Yeah." I blush and look down.

"That's so cool. A little bird also told me that you are a Rusher."

"No! Really! What bird? That bird lies!" I joke, and we laugh. "Haters gonna hate. Rushers gonna elevate." I say as I swing forward once and then stop. Logan laughs.

"So if you're a Rusher then shouldn't you be texting me every second?"

"I think that my definition of fangirl is different from everyone else, or maybe I'm just a different breed of fangirl." We laugh at my joke. "I manage to contain my excitement and act normal." Logan is fascinated with my answers. I don't know if it is because he is bonding with a fan or if he truly wants to be friends. 'Hopefully more,' I think, smiling at the thought. We asked each other random questions till the sky started to get dark. We walk down the street to my house.

"I had fun, Mel." Logan had picked up the nickname without hearing other people say it which makes me smile.

"Me too. We should hang out again sometime if you wanna?"

"Yeah, I would love that." Logan's face lit up when I said that. "See you later Mel." Logan grabs my hand and pulls me into a hug.

"Bye Logan." I manage to whisper. Logan turns around and walks off, and I stagger inside to my room and collapse on my bed.

--------------------

A/N: No note from Bree this time because she doesn't know I have published this chapter. I recommend you guys should check out her new fan fiction "A Big Time Love Story" (@bananagirl88). I have been updating a lot recently, in my opinion anyway. Don't forget to vote, comment and follow! Luv you guys c:

~Melody~

UPDATED A/N 2022: Depressed that Bree took down her BTR fanfic years ago.