5 Sharpie Moustache

Tyler's pov

I walked straight past the dancing hooligan, ignoring his dance offer.
I pressed my finger delicately down on the pause button as I gave josh a smug grin; the music stopped and the room fell quite. Josh froze mid-dance move and spun around to face me.

"Party pooper." He complained as he poked his tongue out at me.

"Okay you've had your fun, now leave." I commanded, attempting to enforce what I had been trying to say ever since he walked in the door.

"Oh I'm not done having fun yet." He informed me with a little shake of his head as he started making his way towards my little kitchen.

"I don't care, you've just got to get out of my apartment right now or I'll..or I'll.." I really was trying to sound threatening, but as you can probably tell, I'm not all that good at it.

"Or you'll what-Call the police?" He teased as he opened my fridge.

"Ah harr harr." I sarcastically laughed at his little 'joke'.

He seemed pretty amused with himself though.

His facial expression lit up for a second as he reached in and pulled something out of my refrigerator.

"Well,' he spoke as he held up an icy cold bottle of beer 'I didn't think you'd be the type to drink." He finished his sentence of as he gave me an impressed look.

I watched uselessly as he cracked open the drink with ease and brought it up to his lips; I stared at him with my insides twisting in slight madness.

I stomped over to him and ripped the bottle from his hand.
"Well I so am the type to drink." I said as I tiled the bottle up to my mouth and forced myself to skull down the icy alcoholic beverage. Once every last drop of it had slid down my throat, I slammed the bottle down on the table.
"So suck it."

I didn't want to do that, my head instantly spun a teensy bit, and the sudden heap of alcohol in my stomach made me feel a bit sick.
All this just to prove a point, a point which was a lie...

I rarely ever actually drink, in fact I don't think I ever do. The only time I ever might drink is if I'm at a party or a wedding and I'm trying to avoid looking awkward. The only reason I even had that case of beer was because I thought I could try drinking, because that's the manly thing to do right? Men do that, you know, build stuff and drink beer. At least that's what my dad was telling me the other day while I watched him tinker around with the engine of his car, he told me 'Joseph, you need to start acting more like a man and not so much like a little boy. Grow a beard or something, sideburns even, I d'know. Just stop being all twelve still, you're a police officer for gods sake. How do you expect to get yourself a wife if you're sitting there eating cookies and drinking milk, grow up and drink beer and watch sports son.'

I don't want to be seen as a little pathetic guy who is like a twelve year old even though I'm actually 21.
But this guy, this guy right here in front of me, josh, seems to be making me feel pretty pathetic; and I, I am going to prove him wrong.

It's like he's testing me all the time, seeing how far he can go. But oh, oh how I see right through him. No ones going to make me out to be the fool.

I gave a little hiccup as I looked down at the table then back up to josh to give him my prideful look.

"Alrighty then." he laughed lightly. "I guess I'll just have to find something else to drink."

"Yeah you do that, I'm just gonna go sit down over here for a moment." I babbled on not really caring about what he was doing anymore as I felt a little headache coming on.