23 Flustered and confused

Tyler's pov

"Tyler, you okay?" Alan asked from beside me.

"What, huh, yeah I'm fine." I laughed nervously as I let go of the loose threat I was playing with.

"Sure." He said sounding completely unconvinced.

The car fell silent again as we sat there occupying ourselves as we waited to have an actual job to do.
I proceeded to closely examine the back of my hand.
I could feel Alan's eyes still on me as he watched me wearily.

"Do I have a fever?" I asked him loudly and suddenly as shoved my face to his.

He jumped himself back a little in his seat.
"Uh." He said as his mouth hung open in confusion as he gently pressed his palm against my forehead.
"No." He concluded as he drew his hand back. "Why?"

"I think I'm getting sick. I don't know, something's wrong with me." I told him but I was saying the last part mainly to myself.

"I agree with you there, you've been acting weird all morning." He let out a slight chuckle that had the air of slight nervousness and concern.

"I don't know what's wrong with me, it's just all his fault." I mumbled as I leant forward and banged my head on the dashboard.

"Ow." I said as I sat up a little and rubbed my forehead as if what I had just done wasn't of my own actions.

"You're really weird. Why am I friends with you. And it's all who's fault?" Alan asked.

I paused as I realised I slipped up. My plan was not to let alan know that josh was living next door to me and has been this whole time, and also hide the fact that I slept over his house and agreed to be on friend terms with him. If I keep all this from alan then I can still keep my dignity, I know if alan finds out any of this he'll think that everything I've previously told him about josh was all an overreaction.
It'll be like showing defeat if I tell alan what's happened.

It's meant to be me, the good guy who's a police officer, and josh is the crazy criminal guy that i so desperately need to arrest. Josh living next door to me and spending time with him has melted away my whole perception I had of him. He makes the way I used to see him seem foolish and absurd.

I was driven crazy by this random freak that fell through my window and escaped my arrest, now he's my next door neighbour and I've realised he's not at all like how I saw him. He's slightly mischievous and...fun.

I'm so confused.

"HellooOOoo." Alan cooed as he poked the side of my head.

I looked over at him.

"Oh good you're alive, now stop ignoring me. Who's fault is it? Why are you acting all weird for?" Alan asked, clearly hungry for answers.

I sighed. "It's josh."

"Really? That guy really has an effect on you doesn't he?" Alan chuckled.

"He's just, I don't know. He's making me coffee in the morning and he's all like have a good day at work, let's be friends, but he's also the I'm going to put you in bed with a naked brendon, chain you to a bed all night and screw your thoughts with my muscular torso." I spewed forth my confusing thoughts as I shook my head.

Alan's mouth hung open as he visibly tried to find something to say in reply to what I had just said.

I pulled on my earlobe as I looked at him as I anticipated what he was going to say.