Chapter 17

Jasmine

"Mom look at me. How can you stand there and say I don't look pregnant?"

"Well you dont to me."

"Fine." I sat in the living room and waited for Derrick to get here.

A few mintues later, the doorbell rung and he walked in.

I placed a pillow in my lap and greeted Derrick. He sat across from me and pulled out a couple sheets of paper.

"Ok. So I have seen no strange activity and you haven't went anywhere. Just sign these papers like last month and I'll be on my way."

I grabbed the papers and quickly signed them. He folded them and put them into his pocket.

My mom came into the living room once he left.

"When are you going to a doctor?"

"Next month." I walked into the kitchen

"Next month?! You're already big as it is. You need to go now."

"Yea, well, I can't. It's too much to risk. I'll be fine." I grabbed some grapes out of the fridge.

"This is unhealthy Jasmine."

"Mom can you just leave me alone please."

~~~~

I flipped through the channels as I laid across the bed. Nothing was on. One channel I passed had Chris on it. I quickly turned back and sat up to look at him.

"I am the baby mama of a NBA player." I laughed at myself.

I watched him play and he's actually really good. I'm glad he's doing well in life. He must have thousands of women after him.

The game came to an end. Chris ran over to one of the reporters and yelled into the mic, "Follow me on instagram."

"Instagram?" I looked over at my phone. I scrolled through the screens but didn't see it. "I must have to download it."

I went into the play store and typed it in. I downloaded it and created an account.

I typed in Chris' name and his profile was at the top. I clicked on it and saw that he had millions of followers.

"Wow...." I looked through all of his pictures. I followed him then went on to look at other profiles

I found myself back on Chris' page. I clicked on a video and he was singing.

"What can't he do?" I mumbled to myself.

"He sings, he can dance, play basketball and football. He is seriously blessed." I smiled.

"Hopefully you get some of your daddy's good genes." I rubbed my stomach as I talked.

I locked my phone and sat it on the dresser.

I walked over to the mirror and looked at myself. I never would have thought I would become a mother soon as I got out of jail. Everything has been going so fast. What I do know is, I will protect this baby far better than my birth mother protected me. No one is going to hurt my baby.