Chapter 31

Jasmine

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a jar of baby food. I wanted to see if Kam liked it since milk doesn't seem to satisfy him. I placed Kam into his bouncer and sat it on the table. I fed him a small scoop of applesauce. I laughed as his legs began to kick, indicating that he wanted more.

Chris' mom walked into the house and came to the kitchen.

"There's grandma's precious angel." She smiled at Kam "He's eating food already?" She looked at me

"Yes." I nodded

"Grandma's got a big boy."

"I didn't expect you to come so early, I haven't washed him up yet." I unhooked his straps and picked him up

"He's fine." She reached over and took Kam from me. "Tell mommy to stop worrying, grandma got it." She talked to Kam as she walked into the living room.

I smiled and walked to Kam's room to get his bag and car seat. Chris wanted us to have a weekend alone so his mom is keeping Kam for us.

She buckled him in his seat and carried him out of the house. I watched as she pulled out of my driveway and drove away.

I walked into the living room and flopped down onto the couch. I flipped through the channels, finally deciding to watch Martin.

Chris said he would be at my place to pick me up around 9 so I had plenty of time.

~~~~

I looked out the window at the rain and sighed. I unlocked my phone and called Chris.

"It's raining. Do we really have to go out tonight?"

"So you gon melt?"

"What?"

"You must gon melt if the rain touch you." He laughed

"Shut up. I'm being serious."

"So am I. The rain ain't gon kill you."

"Fine." I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone.

I walked into my bathroom and turned the shower on. I began to strip from my clothing and once the water was hot enough, I stepped inside.

45 minutes later, I turned the water off. I walked over to my phone to check the time. I sighed seeing that I was 8:45 already.

I walked into my closet and looked through all my clothes. I jumped as thunder rumbled. I grabbed a simple black dress and walked back into the bathroom. I slipped on my underwear and bra and began fixing my hair.

The crashing sound of thunder rolled through again, louder this time. Bright lightening flashed and my lights went out.

"Shit." I mumbled and felt around the sink for my phone.

The sound of glass breaking caused me to remain still. I grabbed my phone and backed into my closet and locked the door. I unlocked my phone and sent Chris a text.

Me (8:50 PM): My lights just went out and I think there's someone in here unless it's you.

Chris (8:52 PM): No. I just left my house.

I looked under the door and as the lightening flashed, I could see the silhouette of a man standing there and I looked like he had a knife.

My eyes grew wide and I sent Chris a text telling him that there really is someone in my house.

"Jasmine. I know you're in here." The person called out. "I've been watching you all day."

I stayed quiet and my closet door handle began to jiggle. I crawled to the corner of my closet and dialed 911.

"911. What's your emergency?"

"There's a man in my house. Please help." I whispered

"Is he trying to harm you?"

"Yes. My name is Jasmine Brooks."

"Stay on the line, the police has been dispatched to your address."

I prayed the whole time I was sitting there. I was helpless. The man was still trying to get into my closet. One of the screws in the door knob dropped to the floor.

"1 down, 1 to go." He laughed.

Thankfully the lights came on and I could hear police sirens.

"Ah shit." He began to fumble and I could hear him running through the house.

"Ma'am the police is at your house now." the 911 dispatcher spoke.

"Thank you." I hung up the phone.

A few seconds later I heard my front door being forcefully opened.

"Ms. Brooks? It's the police department. Are you ok?"

I grabbed my robe and cautiously opened the closet door and there was a officer in my bedroom.

"I'm fine." I walked over to the officer.

I walked outside with the officers and told them everything that had happened.

As they were leaving, Chris pulled into the driveway.

"Fine time for you to show up."

"What happened?"

"The lights went out and somebody was in my house. Said they had been watching me. What if Kam had of been here?"

Chris pulled me into a hug "That's why I want you to live with me. You need the proper security."

"The worst things always happen to me."

Unknown

"Did you kill her?" Nicole's voice came through the phone.

"No." I paused "The plan wasn't exactly executed the way I planned it."

She sighed. "I can't count on you or Stephen to do shit for me."

"I'm so-"

"Shut up!" She cut me off. "You're done. You can't do shit correctly. I'll just get someone else to do it."

"Fine." I hung up the phone.

"Delusional bitch." I tossed my phone on the seat and continued down the highway.

~~~~~~~

Hey my loves. I finally updated. I apologize about the delay between chapters. I'm trying to get everything in order so I can update on a regular basis.

I counted up the votes and it looks like Trey Songz won so be on the look out for that!

Also, Cell 118 is coming to an end *tears* BUT there may be a sequel so don't get too sad. I'm fighting with myself trying to decide whether I should do a sequel or not.