Chapter 18

Jasmine

I signed off on my final check in sheet and Derrick took the bracelet from around my ankle.

"Be good, out here." He laughed

"I'll try my best." I smiled

He left the house and I walked into my moms room. "Can I borrow your car?"

"Sure. Drive safely."

I grabbed the keys and got in the car. I pulled up the gps on my phone and typed in the address for my doctor.

After a short drive, I was at the office. I grabbed my bag and walked in. I signed in and sat in the waiting area.

The nurse called me back and she checked my blood pressure and oxygen levels

"The doctor will be in shortly." She smiled and closed the door behind her.

A couple minutes later, there was a knock and the doctor walked in.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Stevens. How are you?"

"I'm good."

"Good, good. Now I see here that we don't have a record for you. Did you switch doctors?"

"No this is my first visit."

He looked at my stomach then back to my face "First? Can you tell me why?"

"Well, I was in jail and the past 3 months, I've been on house arrest. Sooo...." I trailed off

"Ok. Yea. I understand. I want you to lay back for me. And hold your shirt up."

I did as I was instructed and he placed a cold jelly on my stomach. After searching for a little, I finally heard the heartbeat. A big smile spread across my face.

"Looks like you are right at 28 weeks. Would you like to know what you're having?"

"Yes"

"Well.....looks like....you're having.....a boy."

"A boy?"

"Yes ma'am." He handed me a few pictures "I labeled them for you."

"Thank you."

"Oh, its no problem. I'll see you next month." He got up and walked out.

I walked to the car and drove home.

"Mom! Its a boy!" I yelled as I walked in the house.

"Oh my goodness. I'm going to have a grandson." She rubbed my stomach

I smiled and searched through my bag for the pictures. They were beside and envelope. It was a letter from Chris.

I handed my mom the pictures. "Is it ok if I use your car again?"

"Sure go ahead sweetie."

I pulled the envelope out my bag once I got into the car. I sat there debating whether I should go or not.

I typed in the address and pulled out of the driveway. I drove on the highway for about 45 minutes before taking an exit. I turned into a neighborhood with huge houses. I slowly drove through the neighborhood.

"Your destination is on the right." The gps spoke. I stopped the car completely and looked at the house. I pulled into the driveway and got out. I fixed my clothes and walked to the door.

I rang the doorbell and patiently waited. A woman came to the door and stood there.

"Can I help you?"

"Is uh.." I cleard my throat "Is Christopher here?"

She didn't say anything, she just turned around and walked away.

"Ooook." I mumbled to myself

Christopher

"Chris!"

"What?" I yelled

"One of your groupies here and this one is pregnant." Nicole stood at the door with her arms crossed

"Stop playing."

"I'm not playing. She's waiting for you."

"I paused my game and walked to the front door."

"You just left my door open." I yelled

I shook my head and opened the front door all the way.

It's her. I stared at her. I was stuck. I couldn't move.

"Hey Chris." She smiled

"Jasmine." I grabbed her and hugged her "Come in, sit down."

"How have you been?" I sat beside her

"Good I guess. You living big huh?" She looked around.

"It's a little something." I laughed

"Little? Boy please."

"How you living though? You got the clothes I bought, I see."

"Yea. Thanks for that."

"It's no problem baby girl. What brought you all the way over here?"

"Surprise." She pointed to her stomach

"I don't get it. What are you saying?"

"Im pregnant Chris."

"Yea. I can see th-" I gasped "Oooooh. It's mine?" I leaned in and whispered

"Yea. That's what I'm saying."

"You sure its mine."

"Now you know damn wel-"

"I'm just making sure." I rubbed her stomach "How far along are you?"

"28 weeks."

I paused and did the math in my head. "Sounds about right. I didn't have a condom that last time." I looked over at Jasmine. "I don't know what to do."

"Me either." She looked down.

"Let's go for a ride." I grabbed my keys off the table.

I locked the door behind us and unlocked my car doors. We got in and I just drove. I don't where we're going. I turned the radio down as we sat at the stoplight.

"I don't know what I'm going to tell Nicole."

Jasmine

Jasmine

"That's your girlfriend?" I looked over at him

"Yea."

"Well I didn't mean to mess up anything and I don't want anything from you. I just wanted to tell you."

"Oh nah. You're fine. She's just going to have to accept it."