Chapter 26

Chris

"I don't want you to leave." Nicole whined

I sighed "I'll be back in 3 days. I have to be at this game."

She sat on the bed and pouted as I packed.

"Don't look like that."

"I'm going to miss you."

"I'll be back before you know it." I leaned over and pecked her lips.

I zipped up my bag and carried it to my car. I gave Nicole one last kiss before I pulled out of the driveway.

I drove to Jasmine's mom house. She told me that she would be staying there while I'm out of town.

I walked to the front door. After greeting her mom, I walked to her bedroom.

"Hey Chris." She smiled.

"Hey." I sat beside her.

"You packed and ready to go?"

"Yep." I nodded "I should be back in a few days. I'ma miss both of you." I picked Kam up off the bed.

"We'll miss you too."

"I'ma facetime you once I land. You better pick up."

"I'll think about it." She laughed.

I looked at the time on my watch. "Damn. I gotta go." I kissed Kam and laid him back on the bed. "Come on. Give me a hug." I stood up

Jas wrapped her arms around me and laid her head on my chest. "Please be safe."

"I will."

"See you in a few days." She smiled as she looked up at me

I stole a kiss and ran out the house before she could say anything. I got in the car and headed to the airport.

Nicole

I browsed different webpages on my computer as I sat here. I googled Chris' name and different articles came up.

"Basketball star's baby mother is a felon." I read one of the titles.

I quickly clicked on it so I could read it. He chose to have a baby with one of the inmates at the prison he worked at? How stupid could he be. I wonder if the central office knows this information. This could get interesting.

I can't do that though. If he gets thrown in prison, I lose everything. There has to be another way to get her out of the picture.

I searched her name and her record came up. Murder? Damn. Fuck it. I'm no punk. I do need to get more information though.

I grabbed my keys and jogged to my car. Virginia is country as hell, especially this area. There's only one law firm around here. Using my charm, I know I can get some kind of information out of her lawyer.

15 minutes later I pulled up to the law firm. I walked in and looked at the list of lawyers. I took my chances and picked the one that's in charge. They are usually the ones that handle bigger cases.

"Hi, how may I help you?"

"I'm here to see Stephen Curry."

"His office is number 405."

"Thank you." I smiled.

I walked down the long hall until I found his office. I knocked before entering.

"Yes?" He looked up.

"Hi, can I speak with you for a moment?" I walked in, closing the door behind me.

"Sure."

"I was wondering if you were the lawyer that handled Jasmine Brook's case."

"That's classified information."

"Please."

He waved his pen in my direction "Who are you?"

"Her worst enemy." I smirked.

"Oh really." He leaned back into his chair. "Have a seat."

Jasmine

"Mom! Can you bring me that new box of diapers!"

I changed Kam and put his clothes on. Diapers are supposed to keep everything inside it but somehow he seems to get everything dirty but the diaper.

I took him in my mom's room so she could watch him while I made myself something to eat. I turned the radio on and sung along to the songs that were playing.

~~~~

8:45 AM

I groaned at the loud banging on the door. I rolled out of bed and walked down the hall. My mom was already opening the door by the time I got there.

Three police officers stood at the front door. My heart was racing as I ran over to the door.

"What happened? Is Chris ok?"

"Are you Jasmine Brooks?"

"Yes." I quickly nodded.

"You are under arrest." He pulled his handcuffs out.

"Wait. What?" I stepped back

"What's going on?" My mom asked the officers.

"What did I do? I haven't even done anything." Tears fell down my face as I was being handcuffed. I never wanted to feel these again.

"You are under arrest for the assault of Nicole Diaz, which is also a violation of your probation."