Chapter 19

Jasmine

We pulled into the driveway and Chris cut the car off. We sat there in silence.

"I think I'm going to go." I opened the door.

I struggled trying to get of his car.

Chris sat there and laughed

"It's not funny. Help me." I pouted.

He came around to the passenger side and helped me out.

"It's still early. You can't stay a little longer?"

"I guess I can." I followed him to the front door. I waited while he unlocked it.

I walked in and stood there awkwardly as he locked the door.

"Why you just standing here?" He smiled

"I don't wanna roam around your house."

"My house is your house." He put his arm around me and guided me to the living room.

We sat down and Chris placed my feet on the table.

"You comfortable? You need anything?"

I laughed at him. "I'm fine."

"Ok good." He relaxed and watched TV

"Have you thought about what you going to tell Nicole?"

Chris

"Tell me what?" Nicole walked into the room.

I sat up quickly as she walked over.

"Sit down." I sighed "There's no easy way to say this but I'm going to be a father in a couple months."

"What?" Nicole stood up

"I'm goi-"

"I heard you!" She yelled

"Ok. Calm down."

"She's lying. She just wants your money! Just like the rest of them." She lunged towards Jasmine

I grabbed her and pulled her away. "Whoa. That's what you not going to do. She's carrying my child."

"You believe her?"

"Of course I do."

"Wow. What about me? I'm just dropped like a hot potato huh?"

"Maybe I should go." Jasmine stood up

"You don't have to."

"I know but I've already caused enough problems."

"Exactly." Nicole mumbled

"Stop it." I glanced down at Nicole.

"I'll see you later." Jasmine grabbed her phone.

"Let me help you." I put Nicole behind me and grabbed Jasmine's arm

"I got it Chris." She laughed

"I'm just making sure."

I walked Jasmine to her car and made sure she was in there safely. I walked back into the house and Nicole was standing at the door.

"I'm going to my moms house. I don't even want to be in the same house as you right now."

I threw my hands up and stepped aside. "I can't keep you nowhere you don't want to be."

~~~~

"Can you stop yelling for two seconds? You're giving me a damn headache."

"I don't care! This whole situation is fucked up! Some random female comes out of nowhere and you accept what she says?!"

"For the fifth time, she's not a random female. I've known her for a while."

"So why am I here? Why isn't she your girlfriend since she's caring your child?"

"She should be." I mumbled

"What?"

"Nothing. Just calm down. Everything will be ok."

"I still come first right?"

"Well my mom is first. Then my son. Then Jasmine. And Then you."

"Damn."

"What?"

"How the fuck is she before me?"

"She has my child. Me and her are going to be connected forever whether I'm with her or not."

"Where does that leave me?"

"You're still my girlfriend. The only thing that has changed is the fact that I will have a son and will have to co-parent with Jasmine."

Jasmine

"I basically ruined his relationship mom." I sat at the table

"He don't need no one like her. I did a little research on Ms. Nicole and he could do better. She isn't even all that cute." She sipped her coffee

"Really mama." I laughed

"He'll see. Soon as she find someone with more money she'll be gone."

"She doesn't seem like that type."

"Remember what I said." She walked away

I walked to my room and laid on the bed. I looked at my ultrasound pictures over and over before placing them back onto my nightstand. I turned the TV on and flipped through the channels. I need friends, things to do, its boring being here all the time.

I watched as my stomach moved from the baby moving around. He moves a lot. He's going to be an active little boy.

"Knock, knock."

I looked over at my door and Chris was standing there.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to check on you." He sat on the bed beside me

"I'm fine."

"Hey little man." Chris rubbed my stomach. "It's daddy. I'm ready to meet you."

I smiled the whole time Chris was talking to my stomach.

"Ow." I frowned "Get away. You got him moving too much." I rubbed my stomach

"I'm sorry." He laughed "You picked out a crib or anything?"

"Nope."

"We have a lot to get."

"I know." I sighed "And I don't want you to be the one buying everything for me."

"Don't worry about that. I'ma always make sure ya'll straight."