Second Mommy

Chresanto and Trey sat around in their hotel room. Trey played with his toys in one bed, and Chresanto laid down in the other, staring at the ceiling.

"Daddy?" Trey dropped his toys and jumped in the bed with his father.

"What's up?" Chresanto looked at him.

"Can we go see my other Mommy tomorrow?" He asked.

Chresanto eyed his son confusingly, "Other Mommy? You don't have another mommy!"

"Yes I do!"

"Who's your second Mommy?"

"Auntie Toni! Duh!"

Chresanto blinked, looking dead ahead at the wall.

"Auntie Toni is like a Mommy!" Trey started, "She treats me like Mommy does! But she doesn't hit me.."

"So... Toni is your second Mommy, huh?"

"Yeah! She talks about you a lot too..."

"Oh, really?"

"Yup! She told me how you used to date her! And you and her were happy together."

"We were!"

"She said she's even more happy now...!"

A bright shade of pink appeared on Chresanto's cheeks as his eyes wandered across the room.

"Is that right..?"

"Yeah! I like her a lot!"

"That's good to know! But it's getting late! So, pick up your toys and I can get you ready for bed..."

"Okay!"

Trey jumped out the bed and put all of his toys back in his small suitcase. Chresanto picked him up and tucked him into his bed.

"Goodnight, Daddy," Trey mumbled as he drifted off to sleep.

Chresanto smiled and kissed his forehead, "Goodnight, Lil' Man..."

He then sat down on his own bed and pulled out his phone, dialing my number. He put his phone to his ear and laid down.

"Hello?"

"Oh, hey Ray!"

"Sup, Chres!"

"Where's Toni?"

"Hold on... TONI!!! IT'S CHRESANTO!!!"

Chresanto chuckled as he heard my voice in the background spitting curse words at Raquan.

"Hi, Chres!"

"Hey, Ms. PottyMouth!"

"Shut up!"

"Ha!"

"So..! How'd it go?"

"Long story..."

"I'm listening..."

Chresanto went on and on and on about what happened earlier. I was silent on the other end.

"And yeah... That's about it!"

"Damn...! I'm not surprised you teased her like that."

"Well..."

"You used to annoy the fuck outta me with that when we were together!"