Rescue from Misery

Chresanto's POV:

Several months have passed since the wedding. Trey's birthday passed. And I haven't heard from anyone since then.

I'm not gonna lie; I miss Toni, but she cheated and tried to lie about it!

One day, Trey and I were at the store. As usual, he sat in the buggie while I pushed him around.

I'm used to saying buggie... Shut up..

"Ooh! We need more Rice Crispy Treats!" Trey stood up in the buggie and pointed to them.

I chuckled and put them in the buggie, "Sit down or we'll get in trouble again."

Trey sat back down. I pushed along down the aisle, scanning it.

"And we need.... Mommy?!"

I looked at Trey confusingly then up to where he was staring. I froze completely.

It was Toni.

But she wasn't the same.

Her skin was pale and her whole body was covered. She even wore shades to hide her eyes and her hood of her jacket was pulled over her head. I looked at her buggie and saw a carseat. Inside it was a newborn baby, happily kicking its feet.

She looked my way and froze. I pushed the buggie her way and stopped in front of her. She walked over to me. Trey jumped up and held his arms out to her. She smiled and pulled him out the buggie, hugging him tightly. I smiled, feeling kind of guilty.

She kissed his forehead and put him back in the buggie, "I'm missed you guys.."

Her voice... It's different.

"How are things..?"

"Umm," She shrugged, "Alright... I'm with Raquan now."

"Oh... That's good."

"I guess..."

"Why are you wearing all of that?"

"All of what?"

"The shades, extra clothes! It's a thousand degrees outside! This isn't Colorado!"

I reached out to pull down her hood, but she jumped away from me. She shook her head and held on to her hood. I reached out to her again and pulled her shades off. I froze once I saw the purple-blackish ring surrounding her left eye.

Toni's POV:

Feeling defeat, I pulled down my hood and unzipped my jacket to show him the buises on my neck and chest. Anger flushed onto his face.

"Ray did this to you?!" Chresanto asked, raising his voice.

"Shh!!" I warned him, "Please don't do anything! It'll get worse than what it is!"

"Toni!" He shook his head, "This is serious! He's gonna end up killing you!"

I looked down at the floor and played with my fingers. Chresanto sighed.

"How long?"

I looked up at him. He raised an eyebrow, waiting for an answer.

"Since the night of the wedding," I told him.

Guilt shown over his face. A tear rolled down my cheek.