Kuudere! Illumi Zoldyck x Reader (Hunter x Hunter)

I didn't really had an idea for that one so I decided that this story is set in an AU and this is some years before the time the serie is set. You and Illumi are in Highschool in here.
.
.
.
.
.

Reader's p.o.v.

It was almost 6 pm but I still was together with my best and only friend Illumi in the school library.  We both didn't have any friends beside eachother and I'm still asking myself how the actual f*ck I had become friends with him. I mean, he didn't talked the much and I was a pretty talkative. He showed no emotions and I showed many emotions. Well, that had made me a target for bullies since it was pretty easy to make me cry. But when I enrolled in high school I met Illumi. We both got bullied. He because he didn't showed emotions and I because I was a crybaby. But he seemed like he didn't cared while it depressed me pretty much. Someday I took all of me courage and asked him why he could brush off all of their mean words and actions. He simply answered that he had more important things to worry about then some kids that couldn't see that they were just some idiots who would probably never make it out of school. And after that....... I have no idea how we became friends...... But after I was friends with him for some time I started to fall in love with him. But I was sure that he wouldn't like me back so I had to learn to hide my emotions even a bit.

"You aren't focusing on your book, (F/N)"

Illumi's voice interrupted my thoughts. I blinked. He was standing infront of me.

"Ah, yes. I was thinking...."

He didn't asked further questions. Illumi nodded towards the clock that was hanging near the spot where we were sitting. I looked at it. It was almost 7pm.

"Illumi! I'll be late! You know I have to be home at 7pm! Why didn't you told me earlier?!"

I jumped on my feet, grabbed my book, put it back into the shelf, grabbed Illumi's hand and started to drag him towards the door.

"I tried. But you were in your own world again"

His voice didn't let me know at all what he was thinking. I pouted. We both stopped talking until we reached the gates. Yes, I showed all of my true emotions (besides love) but I wasn't that good with words (even though I talk a lot but well mostly just stuff that doesn't make any sense). We passed the gates.

"(F/N), can I ask you something?"

Surprised I looked back at him. He normally didn't talked when we walked home. Even though i was surprised I didn't stopped. He also didn't stopped.

"Yeah, sure, Illumi. You can ask me anything"

"Anything?"

"Well, not anything. But I'll try to answer your question"

He was walking next to me now.

"How do you tell a girl that you love her?"

I felt my heart ache at that question.

'So he already likes someone....'

"Why are you asking me?"

"First: you're a girl. Second: you're the only one close to me so I have to ask you"

"Well, I think I would like it if he would tell me straight to the face or else he would be a coward. But who am I to judge over other people?"

"I see...."

And then he went quiet. I stared at the ground. I was fighting to hold back my tears. He already loves someone else.... Now I have no chance.... Not like I had a chance in the beginning but it still hurt... We reached my house.