CHAPTER-3

As soon as the drunk guy raised his hand to hit Nandini, someone held his hand and pushed him. Nandini opened her eyes and felt relieved to see that person.

That person was Mukti. She was passing by that road with her group of friends in a Jeep when she noticed Nandini with the goons. She stopped the Jeep and came to help Nandini.

She along with her friends attacked the goons (Chak de India girl gang style). The goons ran away saving their lives.

Mukti came to Nandini and asked-
Choti u r fine right. Did they do anything?

(Mukti and Nandini knew each other since school days.
She treated Nandini as a small sister. Now they were studying in the same college.)

Nandini- Yes Mukti I'm fine. Thanks a lot. If u hadn't come and helped me , God knows what would have happened.

Mukti- Now stop thinking all that choti. All's well that ends well.
Come let's go.

Nandini- Thanks Mukti. Can you please drop me home.

Mukti- Of course I will drop you but first come with me .
Nandini- where?

Mukti- yaar kitne sawal puchti ho tum. We are going to Manik's party. It's his birthday today. Why don't you join us. Saying this she dragged Nandini with her to the Jeep not giving her any chance to protest.

Nandini hadn't been to any of such parties. She had attended quite a few party's but not the party's of Mukti's style.

She had heard a lot about the parties of Mukti from her college friends but not attended in person.

It's not that she was against such parties but never got a chance to attend them.

Mukti stopped the Jeep in front of the farm house where the supposed party was going on.

She took Nandini along with her inside the farmhouse. Nandini was very much surprised with the ambience.

Mukti asked Nandini to feel free and enjoy the party and went with her friends.

Nandini settled herself on a chair in the far left corner of the hall.

The party was going on in full swing . Everyone was drinking and dancing to the loud music.

It was 10 PM now. Nandini was getting worried as she had to get back to her hostel as she wouldn't get entry otherwise at this late hour.

She asked Mukti but she said her to spend the night here and she would drop her to hostel next morning.

Mukti said that Manik will be here any moment so she can't leave the party.

Nandini understood her dilemma and kept quiet.

Mukti and Manik were good friends and she cannot leave his birthday party in the middle.

At exactly twelve the lights switched off and everyone stopped dancing and stool silent .

The main door opened and there came the birthday boy with few others.

As soon as he came inside, the lights came and everyone shouted in unison-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANIK.

Done with another update . hope you will like it.
Next update will most probably be in Manik's point of view.