CHAPTER-12

Manik took out his car and came to the college gate where Nandini was waiting.

Manik came out of the car and said- Mukti ka call aya tha. She asked me to drop you to the hostel. To chale...

Nandini was a bit hesitant to go with him. She said- Manik it's OK I will manage. Thank you.

Manik- It's too late Nandini tumhe yaha koi taxi ya auto bhi nahi milega. How will you manage?

Nandini thought that Manik was right. So she half-heartedly agreed to go with him.

Manik opened the car door and Nandini sat at the passenger seat.

Manik closed the door and smirked.
He thought to himself that this is the right time when he can go ahead with the plan..

He came and sat at the drivers seat and drove away from the college.

There was an awkward silence in the car.

Nandini was not at all comfortable with Manik. Though they had talked a couple of times yet he was still a stranger to her.

Manik's condition was no different. He was so confident that he would be able to proceed with his plan perfectly but now seeing Nandini all his confidence flew out of the car's window...

Manik didn't know how to start the conversation.

After a good 10 min, Manik spoke- So Nandini how is your prepation for the quiz competition going.

Nandini- It's going good.

Again silence prevailed.

Manik- Waise Nandini tum hamesha hi aise chup chap rehti ho .

Nandini- Huh...

Manik- You know Nandini the first rule in dancing is you should be comfortable with your partner. Agar tum aise hi chup chap rahogi to kaise chalega .

Nandini- Aisi baat nai hai. Wo I was little bit exhausted today due to back to back classes and then the prepation for competition.

Manik- Hmm... Let's see... So kal SE we have to start our practice.

Nandini- Yes.

Manik- So friends....

Saying this he forwarded his hand and Nandini took it for a handshake and said- Friends.

They talked on random things all the way and laughing on Manik's silly jokes.

Nandini was now comfortable with Manik.

Nandini thought to herself- Manik is not that bad. He is not like his other friends who befriend girls, play with their emotions and then leave them when their purpose is fulfilled.

Little did the poor soul know that Manik had the same plans.

They reached the hostel after 1hour.

Nandini got down the car and came to Manik's side and said- Thanks Manik.

Manik- Madam tumne kabhi suna nahi hai kya friendship ka rule.

Nandini got confused and asked- What?

Manik- Kisi bahut mahan aadmi ne kaha hai friendship ka ek usul hai - No Sorry no thank you.

Nandini laughed hearing this.

Nandini- OK . Bye.

Manik- Bye.

He smiled.

Suddenly he remembered something.

Manik got out if the car and said- Nandini wait.

Nandini turned back and said- Kya hua Manik.

Manik- Mai tumhe kal pickup karne aaunga morning me to Mukti to bata dena ki wo na aye tumhe lene.

Nandini- Nai Manik it's OK. Mai meri scooty pe aajaungi.

Manik- Please Nandini I insist. Waise bhi hum ab friends hai .

Nandini(after thinking for a while)- OK.

Manik- Give me your number. I will message you the timings of our practice schedule.

Nandini gave him her number and he saved her number.

Manik- OK then see you tomorrow.

Nandini- Bye.

With this she went inside the hostel.

Manik went away after Nandini left.

In the meantime Soha was pacing to and fro in her room.

She called Manik but he didn't pick her call.

It was 8pm .

Manik came to his home and went straight to his room . He closed the door and fell on his bed.

He took out his phone and saw Nandini's picture which he had taken secretly while Nandini was waiting at the college gate.

A smile crept on his face seeing her.

He remembered how she was making cute pouts while waiting at the gate.

He ruffled his hair with both his hands and said to himself- Manik are you doing the right thing. I mean look at her she is so innocent and so naive.

His thoughts were broken by Soha's call.

He didn't pick her call.

Then he thought that it's just for few days. He won't do anything which will hurt Nandini. He will not cross his limits.It was all meant to be for fun.

Thinking all this he went to sleep.

Done with another update.

Hope you guys like it.