Chapter-17

Past in Italics
Priya's Pov
Continuation

"What?"I stammered again.

"Surprise"All shouted suddenly.

I looked around and saw everyone coming one after the other from the backstage. Pradeep, Vijay, Sandhya and lastly came Prem.

"What?"I kept a blank face.

"It's a part of the play"Sowmya clapped at me out of excitement.

"Play?"I looked at Arjun, soon my grin disappeared.

"We are playing the lead roles"Arjun said, suppressing the disappointment in his tone.

"Oh!"I nodded hiding my sulky face.

"Sushila madam selected both of you for the lead roles"Sowmya said with the same excitement.

"Oh!"I am searching for words.

"What!"Sowmya looked at us me and Arjun, one after the other.

"Nothing"We both said in unison.

"Have a look at the script, It's truly exciting one."Pradeep kept some papers in my hand, smiling at me widely.

"It's a love story! Strangely girl proposed the boy here!"Vijay said from behind.

"That's really interesting"Sandhya said with a husky voice.

"Do you need any prompting while practicing?"Sowmya asked me suddenly.

"No!"I nodded and looked away.

"Okay!"I looked at Arjun who is looking at me impatiently.

"Don't know why? I am not feeling well from morning. I have to leave now, I will join you all tomorrow, Please excuse me."I turned  away and  took two or three hefty steps not at all bothered to hear their answer.

"I will drop you at home"Arjun came forward.

"No need, "I muttered under my breath.

"Let him drop you"Sowmya insisted.

"Okay!"I mumbled.

We both walked towards the corridor, I saw Arjun trying to steal a few glances.

"I am sorry"He said all of sudden.

"I know it was really a bad prank"He said again.

"Hu"I sighed heavily but didn't answer him.

"I am sorry Priya, They pushed me forward to do this as they took it as a part of practice"He said while I am occupying the back seat.

"It's okay, "I looked at him through the mirror. His brown eyes are full of guilt.

"You should have given me a hint before through SMS or something"I  am still muttering.

"I thought some informed you about it"He said a bit hesitantly.

The rest of the ride was in complete silence. I felt like crying. I was about to sit "Yes". What if I had opened my mouth? I felt truly awkward at that thought. What is this man thinking? Would it ever affect him? Will he pay any attention to me and my feelings? I am controlling my tears.

"Are you fine?"He asked me after stopping  the bike in front of the house.

"Fine, "I kept it too short a DC  walked in without a word.

I slept for some time, I know I might have drenched the pillow with all those tears. Thank god! Mom wasn't at home. I did nothing but stayed clinging to the bed all the time.

Suddenly I heard the doorbell. I stood up lazily and opened the door with an extreme difficulty.

"Come on Mom, "I turned  away without looking at the person standing in front of me.

"Are you still angry with me?"I heard Arjun's voice and shocked to see him here.

I fumbled for a second and realised the fact that Arjun is here in front of me.

"Nothing, come in, "I moved inside, leaving some space for him to come in.

"Are you fine?"He came in and said in a very concerned tone.

"Yes, "I gave a fake smile.

"Please,"He came and held my hand.

"What Arjun? What had happened?"I am controlling my tears.

"I love you"He whispered something.

"What?"I am shocked and don't know what to say, How to respond. I am completely clueless about what I am hearing. I want to pinch myself to know whether I am dreaming?

"I love you Priya"He said again.

We stood there hugging each other, feeling the warmth of love in each other's touch.

"Priya"Arjun whispered in my ear and shook me gently.

We withdrew from our hug and stood there looking at each other eyes.

"I love you Priya"Arjun kissed my forehead.

"I love you too"I broke my silence.

"Really?"He smiled madly.

"Yes, "I nodded and looked down.

"Thank you Priya, Thank you"He pinched my cheeks.

"But that was a bad prank"I added.

"I am sorry for that. But that was the moment I felt my love for you"He said sincerely.

"What?"I asked in a confused  tone.

"Yes"He dragged me to the couch and sat there on the couch.

"Tell me, "I looked at him excitingly.

"It was the moment I realised my love when you walked away. I felt like that the world  around me got crushed suddenly. My heart-beat missed its rhythm. The only thing I could see is black. I saw your eyes for a second they are sad bearing all the pain. That was the second I realised how important you are to me. You are my world,hence I felt like that.I Couldn't stop there itself and leave you as such.So I chased you till here.I am a fool.I didn't feel the love easily.I am sorry if I hurt you"He caught my hand and said looking straight  and deep into my eyes.

"I know I love you,I was about to propose you and I truly felt my dream came true suddenly after your proposal there at the auditorium but ...."I took a pause and continued.

"My heart broke into million pieces when I came to know that I was a brutal prank by all of you.I love you Arjun hence it was truly hard for me to control my feelings,So I practically ran away from everyone and everything"I sighed.

"I promise you that I would never hurt you again"He kissed my forehead and hugged me tightly.

"Love you"I said placing my head on head on his shoulder.

We sat there enjoying the silence around us......