Chapter-30

Continued...
Past in Italics...
Arjun's Pov.

I looked at the pack he placed in my hand in the auditorium.

I entered the hall putting a Vail myself with the help of the spare key which will be with me always.I don't want to answer mom right now.Somehow I successfully entered my room calmly.

I opened the pack and surprised to see the thing in the box.There lies the membership card.My dream membership card.

I tried but I couldn't make it up now I am happy to be part of the society, Swetcha Foundations,They serve poor children who cann't afford education,They adopt them and offer them education.Volunteers in the society takes classes and offer their services as teachers.I am truly excited about it.I want to do it for the sake of my Dad.I smiled at the card and called Arjun.

He picked my call for the very first ring.

"When did you enroll my name?"I asked quickly.

"I enrolled it in the last minute, I learnt you were upset about missing the oppurtunity through Sowmya. I bunked the last class and I did it.I am happy to tell yoy that I too joined in the organisation.So now we both are the volunteers.And get ready for the new experience."He said enthusiastically.

"I will do everything for you, I want you to be happy at any cost."He said sincerely

"Really?"I asked slowly.

"I sware! "He said affectionately.

"I love you"I said soon.

"I love you too"He said sweetly.I am blushing and the feeling is truly amazing.

"Thanks a lot!"I said .

"Shut up"He showed the fake anger.

"Sorry"I laughed at my mistake again.

"No sorry, No Thanks and No please"Arjun insisted strongly.

"I know,I kmow"I gave a small peck on my phone suddenly and I am unsure wether Arjun listened it or not.

"Oh my god!"He said laughing on other side.

"I wish I were there"He said in between laughs.

"Good night"I am blushing and controlling my chuckle.

"You haven't answered me"He tried to continue the conversation.

"I wished you good night!"I cut the call abruptly.

I slept for a while and opened my eyes.I saw Arjun there sitting before me in the couch.

"Arjun?"I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Yes"He smiled widely.

"How did you come here?"I looked at the door with a doubtfull face.

"Secret!"He winked magically.

"But ....."I don't know  what to say.I looked at the Balcony door and it was open.

Arjun smiled at me and showed me the balcony.

We both laughed and his answer.

He then came to me and sat beside me on my bed.He dragged me into his hands and cocooned me in his big hug.

"I want to promise you something"He whispered in my ear.

"What?"I spoke barely.

"I would never leave this hand"He whispered again.

"Really?"I asked slowly.

"Yes, Till my last breath"He hugged me tightly.

"Love you"I hugged him even more tighter.

"Me too"We slept there in each other hands.

PRESENT

Day 8

I am looking at the volunteer card in my hand.We both enjoyed the camp a lot two years ago.I am still a member in the camp.I don't know about Arjun.

I got a call from them.I know Arjun won't be here for the next week.So I too got a break from work as I worked in the weekends these days.I really want to attend the camp but I am unsure about Arjun.I don't want to spend more time with him that too after the bet.

I looked at the card in my hand.The society conducts camp for every two years at a particular place.We can be an active member or a Passive member, it's our choice.

I am excited to work for them.It's a refreshning feeling.It gives true contentment to me.

I packed my stuff and everything is ready for one week camp.I am a Passive member,I offer services at the time of emergency and in a scheduled time.So it is fixed much earlier and now I have no choice to change or skip off.

"Are you ready?'Mom came and sat beside me.

"Yes!"I nodded.

"I am really happy with your decision, I know you are very busy with your career, work but despite the busy schedule you could spare some time for such good works, Proud of you!"She kissed my cheek.

"Thank you Mom, You are my inspiration"I hugged her.

"Have you called them?"She asked me curiously.

"Mom you need not to worry.I have called them earlier and they have made all the arrangements"I said smiling at her.

"Okay!"She smiled back.

"Why do you always treat me like a child?"I asked frowning.

"Because you are my child"She raised her eyebrow.

We both laughed at her answer and exchanged smiles later.

"Do you know one thing?"Mom looked at me with teary eyes.

"What mom?"I stood up and sat beside her hugging.

"Dad will be proud of yoh surely!"She smiled wiping her tears.

"Love you Mom"I kissed her cheek.

I slept happily and It was truly an exciting night.It was the place where we both cherised pleasant memories.I want to give a chance to him but I am truly afraid of pain,It would be hard for me over come the pain this time.It took me a year to come out of it.Now I am much worried.I want to spent some time alone, away from everyone.I want to introspect my feelings.I know this camp will be perfect space for that.